Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ksauerwald Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Tractor start strange issues
    I have a tractor that if I try to start it, nothing happens.. 12 volts on one
    Side of soleniod but nothing on the other.. if I jump it with my truck I get
    6 volts and it cranks real slow.. where is all the power going ? If I try
    To jump the started right with the truck battery I get nothing.. If I pull the
    Starter and jump it, its spins,this is most strange.. anyone got any ideas?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Um , You Lost Me There. Are You Jumping To The Solenoid, Across The Solenoid, Or Directly To The Starter Itself??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn tractor engine won't start [ 18 Answers ]

I've already swapped out the solenoid. No luck. Battery is good. I "think" I checked all the ground connections and safety switches. Problem is when the key is turned on the engine turns once... then slows to a stop... it may go over again.. but it won't go long or fast enough to start......

No start ayp lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

OK I have a AYP 22hp kohler with a electric pto clutch. The engine won't turn over with the key switch . I can jump the key switch and it will run. It will stay running as long as I leave the clutch/brake pedal engaged. If I release the clutch or try to engage the blades it will die . At first I...

Old lawn tractor won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Last year I bought an old Wizard riding lawn mower. Its got 12hp, 465 cc, and 38 inch cut. It ran great until, I was mowing, hit a rock, and the mowing stopped there. The battery went dead, so Ive replaced that. Still nothing. Where should I start, to get it to start?

My MTD tractor just won't start [ 1 Answers ]

46" lawn tractor. I had to change the PTO belt. After I changed it, I realized I did not tighten one of the belt brackets to keep the belt in place. I stopped the tractor and fixed that. Now it won't start. When I turn the key, absolutely nothing happens. I checked the battery, which is...

MTD lawn tractor will not start [ 4 Answers ]

I had just finished mowing my lawn. The tractor sat in the lawn for about an hour. When I returned, it would not turn over. It makes a small click noise then nothing. I charged the batter over night, same result in the morning. It has a Briggs 14.5 HP engine. Where do I start? Thanks.

View more questions Search