Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Aug 6, 2007, 06:10 AM
    Mental scars, will it ever fade away?
    I 've recently had an unfortunate experience, which hurted me kind of badly, I'm okay with it most of the days but some days it really gets me under, usually I just find a spot where I'm alone and cry my heart out, getting kind of tired of that though. Is there anything that one could do to mend emotional scars, sometimes I feel it prevents me from growing spiritually.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 6, 2007, 06:26 AM
    I really believe that tears can cleanse the soul. :)
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Aug 6, 2007, 06:32 AM
    Time heals all wonds sweetie. Ive had to learn this the hard way myself. And just take it one day at a time and just think of all the things in your life that are going good for you. Things will get better. It just takes time. Find something's that you like to do to get this off your mind. What happened if you don't mind me asking. But if you even need anyone to talk to just send me shoot me a e-mail from one healing heart to another...
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 09:08 PM
    Please see a professional therapist or psychiatrist that is well recommended. Your doctor (GP) might have a suggestion... a deep wound from abuse - emotional or otherwise cannot be healed with anything but real work to get it out and make peace with it in a trusting unconditional environment...

Best to you.

I am so sorry.

Aug 7, 2007, 10:42 PM
    I did see a psyciatrist some time ago and was on medication, but nothing helped. I think that maybe I am just rushing myself, maybe I will recover someday :) I also think that being surround by people that care for me might also speed up the healing process
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Aug 7, 2007, 11:25 PM
    Mental anguish and pain will fade over time although some will never go away from your memory. I assume you are a young person. Take my advice to heart. Develop a thicker skin (something that people naturally do as they get older). You can't avoid painful experience and there will be lots of them ahead of you. The best thing to do is to get over them quickly when they happen.

Try listening to "Don't worry, be happy" song when you are down. It will pick you up.
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Aug 7, 2007, 11:39 PM
    Well what happened? Maybe if you explained more people could start helping you. If a psychiatrist can't help then there's always your mum, dad, close friend and or school councillor

Aug 8, 2007, 01:39 AM
    Frost _ bite I am actually 26 yrs old , married for 7 yrs and have 3 kids :) all I wanted to know if emotional scars heals, I got my answer, thanks everybody, unfortunately I can't just spill the beans I know that in order to help someone you need to be open, wish I could explain why I can't. God bless you all !
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2007, 01:54 AM
    I think prayer and meditation is very important. Godly council, a priest? Father?

I think it is very important that you pray and communicate to God daily. Meditate and read the bible daily and it will become easier and easier. Yes, you will heal.

No need to spill the beans if you do not want to, but best one to spill the beans to is God and ask God what was the purpose of your experience and then learn to move on.

Best wishes and God bless.

Joe

Aug 8, 2007, 02:32 AM
    Thanks Joe , you made me smile, I will definitely do that :)
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 10:59 AM
    As long as you tell a therapist... you don't need to talk it all out here..

But don't bury it... it'll only make you feel guilty and sometimes angry... then sad... then victorious... then depressed... then repeat...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What color would my hair fade into.. [ 7 Answers ]

Ok well... I heard that Prell shampoo works well. See... I experiment with my hair often. My hairstylist, Carlos, and me decided I could go a shade and a half brighter in my red because it was fading fast. I was scared to do the whole head so I higlighted it... and because of that, I did not dye my...

Fade Freckles ? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey , Im 15 and want to fade my freckles , do you know anyway, preferably with homemade remedies to fade them? Thanks :)

Time to fade away [ 9 Answers ]

Due to a issue that I have discussed with a few in administration it is With deep regret and sadness I think it is time for me to move on from this site. To all those that have posted and I have learned from this past 6 or so months I would like to express my deepest gratitude and to many of you...

Fade Cream [ 1 Answers ]

Do I use A moisterizer before I apply a fade cream or after.

View more questions Search