Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 5, 2007, 12:09 AM
    Chest hurts bad
    Im a 15 y/o boy and ever since I can remember, my chest hurts at random times and I have to stop breathing or it hurts more. So I think its my lung or something. Some times I get nose bleeds because of this and something diguesting comes out (Not a
    aapj425 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 01:16 AM
    I would see a doctor right away. My brother had a condition similar to what you have when he was your age. He had sharp chest pains that had to do with air leaking from his lungs. The air was putting extra pressure on his lungs which caused the severe pain. It's called a pneumothorax. Doctors don't know as much about them as they should. (We still don't know why my brother had them.) However, pneumothoraxes are more common in tall, slim males. In some cases, they will go away on their own. However, one of my brother's was so severe that he had an operation. Most people who had pneumothoraxes outgrow them before they are twenty. I'm not saying you have a pneumothorax(it's a rare condition), but you should definitely talk to your doctor about what is causing you so much pain. Good luck!

Aug 5, 2007, 01:28 AM
    I am tall and skinny
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Aug 5, 2007, 01:29 AM
    Go see a doctor.

Aug 5, 2007, 01:37 AM
    Well thing is, I don't really have a good relationship with my mom, I would rather die then tell her anything... I once had a 103 fever and tried to act normal but she figured out I was sick when I was lying on the ground. If I was to go to a doctor's office could they tell me for free? Because if not, ill just wait it out till I go for my yearly physical which is in like 8months.
    joe24 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Do u know any doctors that lives neer u? Do u have afriend who's parent is a doctor? Ask one of them.
    Tuffer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aapj425
    I would see a doctor right away. My brother had a condition similar to what you have when he was your age. He had sharp chest pains that had to do with air leaking from his lungs. The air was putting extra pressure on his lungs which caused the severe pain. It's called a pneumothorax. Doctors don't know as much about them as they should. (We still don't know why my brother had them.) However, pneumothoraxes are more common in tall, slim males. In some cases, they will go away on their own. However, one of my brother's was so severe that he had an operation. Most people who had pneumothoraxes outgrow them before they are twenty. I'm not saying you have a pneumothorax(it's a rare condition), but you should definitely talk to your doctor about what is causing you so much pain. Good luck!
    I would agree that you should see a doctor as soon as possible, but don't panic about having a pneumothorax. Not that I'm doubting that aapj425 is speaking from experience, pneumothoraxes don't occur in the way they have explained. In the majority of cases they are the result of trauma where a chest injury has occurred for example, broken ribs or stabbing. This is where the lung is punctured and air escapes into the cavity between the lungs and the chest wall. If you have recently sustained any injury's to your chest then I would suggest you seek medical advice immediately.

Chest pain can be caused by a number of different things such as infections or asthema but as it seems to be causing you such pain and that fact that you have nosebleeds as an associated symptom I would go and visit a doctor as soon as possible. Try not to worry though. The more you worry the more you will aggrevate your condition.

Unfortunately, being from the UK, I can't address your concerns about paying for the medical appointment as I'm not sure how your health system works but do you have a school/college nurse? They might be able to set your mind at ease or even point you in the direction of medical help that you have access to. Hope this helps. Feel better soon.

Aug 25, 2007, 08:10 PM
    Well I'm going to high school this year I start in a week and I'm not sure if they have a nurse. And in addition sometimes like my skin where it hurts turns like purplish/redish
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 08:14 PM
    You need to tell your mom. This could be nothing or it could be something very serious but you will not know until you go to the doctor. Regardless of the relationship you have with your mom I'm sure she would want to know if you are in pain or sick. Don't think that you would be doing her no favors. I used to think the same thing at your age that my mom could care less if I was sick or had medical problems. Now that I'm older I see that she did care she would just get mad because I would wait and wait and wait until I was really sick then whatever problem I had would be a bigger deal.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 25, 2007, 08:16 PM
    Definitely mention it to the school nurse, and ask her to keep it confidential. Although... if she thinks you should see a doctor, you are going to have to talk with your mom about it (and not wait 8 months) or else I will have to adopt you. (If I adopt you--will you do chores around the house? I'm a good baker and like to bake cookies and brownies. You can have some with milk after you finish your chores.)
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    or else I will have to adopt you. (If I adopt you--will you do chores around the house? I'm a good baker and like to bake cookies and brownies. You can have some with milk after you finish your chores.)
    LOL wondergirl... that is too cute. :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It just hurts so much. [ 7 Answers ]

I don't even know if this is where I should be posting this but I would just like some advice and answers I me this girl while I was in 5th grade and well we became good friends and I thought about asking her out so many times but I didn't have the courage and she ended up dateing someone else for...

Hurts when he puts it in, fine during, hurts when he cums in me. [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know what it is. I went for a pap and I had a bacterial infection and I started taking this medication and afterwards, sex just isn't the same. I mean its so painful. Ive been with this guy for more than a year and we never used a condom but I don't think that has anything to do wit my...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Bad acne on face back and chest [ 4 Answers ]

I have bad acne mainly on my back but on my face and chest as well.. How can I get rid of it? I wash these areas everyday and nothing seems to work.. any suggestions?

My uncle & Bad chest pains. [ 4 Answers ]

My uncle was rushed into hospital this morning from work because he was having really bad chest pains. He is having tests done and I am having to wait by the phone for any news. I am really worried about him and finding it hard to concentrate. I asked my Mum what it could be and she said it...

View more questions Search