Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    llope6425 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Choosing the right blonde and after care shampoo - Prettylady suggest something?
    Hi! Well Im about to go to the salon to have my brassy light brown dyed to a blonde. I wanted to get all of my hair bleached but my hairstylist said that since my hair is not on its best condition bleaching it all wouldn't be so good. She suggested adding some highlight with that cap you pull your hair from the holes of, and pulling as much as hair as possible from every hole and bleaching it. Since my hair always turns an awful brassy/orangy look she suggested adding an ash color, my question is I have a medium light skin and honey eyes, wouldn't ash make my skin look too pale and what kind of hair colors can you guys recommend for me that won't turn into brassy color.
    Also I want to buy one of those shampoos that have a blue/violet tint to it to prevent dyed blonde hair from going brassy, can you recommend a great one that can keep the blonde shade?

Thanks!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 5, 2007, 11:56 AM
    If your hair is in bad condition, bleaching will damage or melt your hair. I would recommend getting some highlights instead of bleaching all your hair. You will need to bleach your hair to a yellow stage in order to go blonde. But since your hair is in bad shape, the stylist will have to slightly lighten the strands and then use an ash-base color over it to keep it from looking brassy. Remember that dark hair contains a lot of red pigment in it, and ash-base colors are great for neutralizing red/orange tones in dark hair. I don't think the ash color will make you look pale. I'm sure the stylist will choose the right ash color that suits your skin tone.

You can use violet color enhancing shampoos to neutralize unwanted yellow or brassy tones in blonde hair, but it really depends on your hair color. When your stylist adds the highlights, ask him/her what base color enhancing shampoo to choose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Colour Blonde to Red, need to fix back to blonde [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, I am living in China, had my hair dyed red. (I am a natural red head but have been blonde for 10 years). The dye started to wash out, so I went back to the hairdresser and showed them and had it redone. All is fine except the colour is more of a pinky red rather than an auburn/copper...

Dark blonde hair w/ blonde highlights. Need out [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... so I have dark blonde to light brown hair... I decided to put blonde highlights in... but yeah... they's a little too light of blonde. Is there a VERY quick way that I can tone down the blonde to blend a little better w/ my hair color? 1. my dad doesn't know yet.. and yea... he not going...

Light blonde to dark blonde [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have to get my hair all one natural looking colour for a job. I currently have very dyed looking light blonde ( which is a bit brassy at the moment). My natural hair colour is light brown, and I have a good inch of regrowth. I want to go dark blonde but am worried it will end up green if I...

Hair worries? PrettyLady help! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi to anyone out there! Around May, June this year I attempted to dye my previously dyed hair ( a wonderful golden colour which I am now kicking myself for ruining!) a mid-golden brown in the hopes of reaching my natural hair colour. As you can tell not much good came of it! It turned a very...

View more questions Search