Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rr man Posts: 92, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Is the Trinity composed of three entities?
    I know the Trinity consists of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Or so I've been led to believe. But are they actually three separate physical persons?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 06:59 PM
    My husband says he knows the answer, so here you go : The Holy Trinity, or in better terms, The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit, are all the same. For example, you have water, ice and steam. They are all made of the same component, h2o. It's the same concept with The Holy Trinity. They are all one in the same.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Aug 3, 2007, 09:33 PM
    Father, Son and Holy Ghost are only the tributes of God , For example , I am a mother, wife and a sister, but I am still one person :)
    SnaveLeber Posts: 103, Reputation: 5
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 10:18 PM
    They are one, and only one. God is the creator of the universe... and jesus is him in human form so that he could die and be a sacrifice for our sins, and the holy spirit is God in us, after we have become christian, directing us in our paths
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 3, 2007, 10:25 PM
    Note the commas --

God, the Father
    God, the Son
    God, the Holy Spirit

Not three gods, but one God who is made up of three separate, unique Persons. The H2O example was good. Also, apple = core + flesh + skin.
    SnaveLeber Posts: 103, Reputation: 5
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 10:29 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    There's the egg example too but I don't think that metaphors really can fully explain the trinity
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 11:17 PM
    SnaveLeber : there's the egg example too but I don't think that metaphors really can fully explain the trinity
    No one was trying to FULLY explain it, but we were giving simple examples so the OP can get a basic knowledge of what the Trinity is.
    buzzman Posts: 54, Reputation: 9

Aug 14, 2007, 12:23 AM
    The trinity is as the others have said. It is three in one. To summarize (In a very quick nutshell) using scripture, God the father was portrayed in the "Old Testiment". Our sins were forgiven through the blood sacrifices of a lamb (Which was symbolic of Jesus as he was referred as the lamb of God) In the Old Testiment, people began to miss the point. People were sacrificing the lambs without a change in heart. Jesus was then sent to earth and said I am the lamb of God, whoever calls upon my name shall be forgiven and saved. Obviously Jesus was to be the lamb of slaughter. He said to us before he died that he will not leave us on earth to be alone, but when he is gone, he will leave his comforter (Holy Spirit). The spirit is the mind and heart of God that will live within us when we call upon Jesus. The spirit allows us to see and know a taste of who God really is. This change WILL happen when you ask God to live within your heart. The trick to this transformation is, "You have to believe you need to be saved in order to call upon a savior." The "Three in one", work as one in the same person. Not three persons.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Holy Trinity- Islam [ 11 Answers ]

I heard muslims believe in god, but chirstians say to be saved everyone has to believe that jesus is the son of god. I think most chirstians are missing the point of the holy trinity. God, Jesus, holy spirit. The three are one. So I think heaven is open who worships god, and repenace of their sin....

List of scriptures re the trinity [ 6 Answers ]

I do not believe in the trinity but I do notice that some few scriptures like John 1:1 and John 8:58, Titus 2:13, also Justin Martyr's Dialogue with Trypho (Catholic translation) call Jesus God. Yet the overwhelming majority of scripture shows Jesus' subjection to the Father. Is it possible to...

Trinity [ 28 Answers ]

How do you define the Trinity?

Is the Trinity a Christian Truth? [ 48 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, First, This is what I mean when speaking about the Trinity. What is it? It is the believe of 3 almighty, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. All are not separate, but one. All are all knowing and omniscient.. No above the 0ther. The Catholic...

View more questions Search