Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newpupmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Mom dog won't eat and I don't know how much and how often to bottle feed puppies.
    My dog just had puppies, they are now 12 days old. She has now stopped eating and I don't know what to do. How much should I feed the puppies and how often? I will try to help her eat but what do I do about the puppies? I need help!!
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 09:04 AM
    newpupmom, call your vet and tell him/her what is going on. Momma may need to be examined. The vet will give you the proper guidance on how much, and when, to feed the pups based upon the breed. Use puppy milk replacer, not cows milk. Your vet will recommend some brands.

You should have prepared yourself by researching all emergencies or problems prior to breeding your dog. It is not wise to be caught by surprise like this.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Now that I am back, I am working my way through the questions backwards. I am very pleased at all the good answers RubyPitbull has posted. Yes see the vet, and educate yourself before doing any more breeding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog won't eat! [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to this site and this is my first post. I'm not sure what type of dog I have but I got her from an abusive pet owner for free. She has been abused all her life until I got her about a year ago. She is very skiddish and won't really eat unless she is hand fed. Even then she won't eat dog...

My dog won't eat [ 1 Answers ]

My dog doesn't want to eat but human food. I always give in but I don't know if is getting all the nutrients she needs.

Dog don't Eat After Surgery [ 2 Answers ]

The dog of my girlfriend has not eat nothing in 2 days after having a surgery in the belly because she was pregnant and could not have more sons cause she colud die, now she had been castrated and she won't eat nothing and my girl is crying cause she don't know what to do and there are no vets...

My puppies won't eat [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my 18 week old pit bulls will not eat. They will eat a little then walk away and will not touch the stuff again I have tried diamond puppy, nutro max, beneful and they do the same thing to all of the foods. Please help me I am going crazy also they are suppose to eat three times a day but...

Why won't my dog eat! :( [ 5 Answers ]

I have a dog that is 6 month old and he is really fussy with his food he will like it 1 min and not the next now he won't eat it unless we put in proper chicken but we don't want to keep feeding him human food as he will expect this all the time. It doesn't help the matter as my mum has changed his...

View more questions Search