Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    go-ask-mom Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

Aug 2, 2007, 01:20 AM
    Is the withholding Income & SS Taxes legal?
    Since there is much out there about the actual constitutional legality of the IRS and the withholding of "Income & SS" taxes... why don't more people take a stand and fight this injustice??

(I will expand on this subject more- later... but its late & I'm tired of reading)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 2, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Hello mom:

Well, the government has lots of people with guns and prisons and they use them liberally... So, it doesn't matter too much whether you're right or not, because the government will lock you up anyway.

I think most people are afraid of that, so they comply.

excon
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 07:43 AM
    The Executive Branch as well as Congress wandered off the reservation regarding the Constitution over 60 years ago. I doubt if we'll ever get back.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 07:46 AM
    No kidding. There is actually an independent candidate running for presidency who wants to abolish the IRS - that alone would get my vote. Not to mention that people my age (28) and younger pay into a system that won't even be there when they get older (SS). Its ridiculous.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Withholding of taxes [ 4 Answers ]

IF I am working in NY and residing in NJ for which state my employer has to with hold the taxes.

2006 taxes: F-1 OPT Income & Foreign Income [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a somewhat complicated question about my 2006 taxes... I came to the US in 2001 on a student visa (F1). After I finished my degree I worked one year under OPT, and I left when my OPT/visa expired in May 2006 and went home to my native country and got a job there. So basically I...

J-1 taxes withholding [ 4 Answers ]

Dear all, I am Spanish citizen working here in the US. I have a J-1 visa and according to the US-Spain treaty I am considered as a non-resident alien for taxes purposes. Every year I file the 1040nr-ez plus the 8843 and 8833 and sometime later (~1 month) I got my taxes back. Until here...

Withholding Taxes [ 2 Answers ]

The business is registered in NY and an employee lives in Arizona. Do I withhold AZ or NY taxes? Do I withhold both state taxes? No state taxes?

Washington D.C. Income Tax Withholding? [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently working in D.C. supposedly to be a temp. assignment, which will last for about 30 days. I am home based in Mass. My question is: Will my income be subjected to D.C. income tax withholding and required to file a D.C. income tax return? Thank you!

View more questions Search