Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    52traveler Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 11:34 PM
    Weedeater dies when I press throttle
    My weedeater featherlite xt260 dies when I press the throttle. It starts OK but will not
    Increase in speed and just stalls out. It will start again right away but that is it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 2, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Temporarily remove the air filter and try to start the eater. Is there any improvement at all? Come back with your results.

Aug 2, 2007, 05:51 PM
    I will try it and get back to thanks
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:54 PM
    I Believe You Will Need To Clean Your Carb. Or Have It Adjusted. The Other Thing I Think It May Be Is The Spark Arrestor In The Muffler Stopped Up. I Do Not Think You Will Have An Improvement By Removing The Air Filter, That Just Doesn't Seem Like The Problem You Describe.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 3, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Mowerman, you may be correct. I wanted to first eliminate a plugged air filter, sounded like it might be starved for air.
    SnapHappy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 02:08 PM
    I agree with Mowerman. I took my Stihl weedeater to the dealer with the same problem and they replaced the spark arrestor screen... runs great.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 05:17 PM
    O.k. Ballengerb 1, I See What You Were Saying. Good Answer.
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Ok Traveler, Did You Get Your Problem Fixed? Let Us Know So We Can Try And Help You.

Aug 7, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Temporarily remove the air filter and try to start the eater. Is there any improvement at all? Come back with your results.
    Sorry for the delay in answering I have been pretty busy.

Thank you for the replies.
    I was looking at the adjustments on the bottom front of the carb. There are two of them. You need a special tool to turn them. They are no doubt the air/fuel. I pulled the bottom plate off the carb and use my Dremel tool to cut slots in the heads. I put it together and started it up. Opened the throttle all the way and turned the outer screw about an 1/8 of a turn. The engine responded immediately problem solved. It might be a little rich but rich is better than lean. A guy at work showed me that trick, he uses it on his chainsaw.
    Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freedom of The Press. [ 9 Answers ]

Now I am for the freedom of the press, but do you think that sometimes they go a little too far? For instance, I heard where the National Guard were moving corps from the flood area in Mississippi. CNN was trying to make movies of this. The Guard joined ranks, standing at attention, and others...

Honda throttle body help [ 2 Answers ]

I brought the wrong throttle body for my d16y7 engine and I don't know if it will work in my car, I assume its from a d16y8. On my throttle body there's the map, tps, and iac sensor, but on the one I just brought, there's only a map and tps-----------help

View more questions Search