Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a7k11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Garnishment in Alabama
    My husband's workman's comp check that goes into our bank account. A garnishment judgement recently took over $800 of that money from the bank account and intend to take more if we deposit his check into it. I called them and told them that he would let it go if they would settle for what they already took and that it was his disability monies that they confiscated. They refused. The woman that I talked to said that they would not settle.
    Is there anything I can do to stop this now other than close that account or just not use it?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 1, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Pay what you owe. You should have never let it get to the point that they got a judgement against you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 3, 2007, 05:57 AM
    First may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the Comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

You asked how you could stop this once a judgement has been awarded. I gave you the only correct answer. I realize that's not the answer you wanted to hear, but it still a correct one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring Property Title - Alabama [ 1 Answers ]

My elderly parents own a home in Alabama. They would like to transfer the property title out of their name into a trust account. My dad wants to do this. How can I help my parents with this?

Eviction of tenants in Alabama [ 2 Answers ]

My mother owns a mobile home on her property. She started many years ago allowing a family to live there for $100/month to help them out for a short period. Now it has been ten years and she wants them to move, but they say they do not have any other place to live. For the last year they have not...

Garnishment of Wages in Alabama [ 3 Answers ]

Hello... I just receive a notice from the court telling me that one of my creditors obtained a judgement against me, and is pettitioned the court to garnish my wages to pay the debt. I recognize that I owe the money, but at the time I didn't have it to pay it. Now I do... the question is 2...

Alabama Tenant Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I've been living on some property for the past two years that has a main house set up for two tenants and a detached garage apartment. I live in the garage apartment. Only one of the two rentals in the house is occupied. The landowner and I never signed a lease or contract. The landowner told me...

View more questions Search