Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ariannenemmie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 06:30 AM
    My husband and I just had first child
    He is pushing me to get back to having sex the baby is 7 days old and he tells me that he needs me... I know that it is too soon for my body is not healed... help I need something a little help
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 06:32 AM
    Isn't it usually doctors order to avoid sex for a certain amount of time? Tell him that you need to heal before you have sex because if you jump the gun too soon you will be worse off and there will be a MUCH longer time until you can have sex again. So ask him if he wants to wait a few weeks or a few months?
    AliMarGoo Posts: 72, Reputation: 13

Aug 1, 2007, 06:38 AM
    I agree with Glinda. Also try to please him in other ways. I know it's not the same, but at least he'll be getting some pleasure, and maybe you will too!
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 1, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Your body needs to heal at least 6 to 8 weeks after having a vaginal deliviery. If you do have sex you may also become pregnant again. You can maybe engage in some other type of sexual activity. I myself waited till my first check up and the doctor gave me the okay. Your hsuband will be able to survive, cold shower and let him change a few diapers that may help kill the mood
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Go with your instincts here because you are right to want to wait I was told 6 weeks after c section normal birth is 2-3 depending on the person and weather you had any vaginal stitches etc.
    He should respect you in you know your body, I have to say though I can also see it from his point of view he will be feeling uterly left out all your attentions will be going to baby witch is only natural we know that but they don't understand it and probably never will.
    Talk to him sweetie you need to work it out or your going to end up with all kinds of problems I know I've been there just remember I know you aren't going to feel like swinging from the chandlers but he would probably love a little special attention the same as you would he just needs to know that.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 1, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Agreed with everyone. Try some alternatives, explain to him its best for your body to wait and heal properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Parental rights, husband had a child with another women [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Natalie and my husband had a child with another women, the baby is 6 months old and I just found out, what's done is done and I feel that the baby is the most important thing right now. My husband has been providing for the child since he was born. And seeing him, his name is not on...

Can my husband pay child support without me knowing [ 2 Answers ]

This is going to sound crazy. I know that my husband had an affair about 10 years ago. We were separated and then got back together. Then I found some birthday cards from a woman - he swore it was nothing - just someone he met at work. About one year ago, I found some papers - they were support...

How does my husband waive his rights to a child [ 5 Answers ]

My husband found out he had this daughter only 2yrs ago and he is now 8. how does he waive his rights to this little girl that has a family of her own

My ex husband wants to stop paying child support [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm hoping you can give me some advice. I live in New York state. My husband and I split 12 years ago when my daughter was 6. They recently had a break down in their relationship (she's upset because he's moving to North Carolina with his girlfriend), and he's decided to take me to court to...

View more questions Search