Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crabtree6969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 08:43 PM
    My green pine trees
    Can an Austrian pine tree be watered too much? I bought these 3 weeks ago and have watered every day thoroughly, now the green needles are falling off. I see no signs of pests.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 08:55 PM
    This is usually a very hardy little tree! Are they planted in full sun? May I ask what zone you are located in?
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 09:02 PM
    The only thing I can think of is Dothistroma pini. This is a fungus that attacks Austrian pine of all ages, causing significant foliage loss. Check out this website; near the bottom of it is shows a picture of what this fungus looks like! Dothistroma Needle Blight of Pines - FIDL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Serbian pine [ 1 Answers ]

My Serbian pine, which was planted almost two years ago is losing it's pine needles (not cones). At present the top two feet are bare and one/two middles branches. I fertilized it this spring and have sprayed it twice with fungaside and diazon, as per instruction of the landscaper that planted...

My pine trees are killing everything. [ 1 Answers ]

What is it about pine trees that nothing will grow under or around them? I have three kind of scraggily pine trees in the fron yard, and I want to plant other things. What can I use to replenish the soil so that I can have a garden out there? I live in zone 24 on the western garden map. (that is...

Pine Furniture [ 1 Answers ]

I have some bedroom pine furniture which I wish to paint. Which paint is best to use?

Pine furniture [ 1 Answers ]

I have pine dressers. I got a new lamp and I see that there are brown circles from the felt bottom on my dresser. Help, How can I remove these?

Pine needles [ 1 Answers ]

I have clumps of pine needles and pine cones that fell from a red pine tree Covering the ground. The clumps look like they were chopped off the tree. There is only 2 pine trees that this is happening to. There is a lot of clumps Covering the ground. It looks like someone covered the grass...

View more questions Search