Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XXscarsXX Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jul 30, 2007, 08:48 PM
    What do I do?
    OK so my boyfriend always gets mad at me and thinks I'm cheating on him 24/7! And I'm not... he also doesn't want me wearing make-up! So when he sees me with it on he ignores me and doesn't talk to me.. I want him to be happy I would do anything to make him happy but I look horrible without make-up... what do I do?
    :( :( :confused:
    SnaveLeber Posts: 103, Reputation: 5
    -

Jul 30, 2007, 08:57 PM
    Break up with him , and wear makeup and be beautiful like you are, and wait for prince charming instead of staying with this idiot while your prince looks for someone actually single
    klovesj110603 Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Jul 30, 2007, 09:00 PM
    He must have some jealousy problems or something. You should be able to wear make up if you want to. It really sounds like he has insecurities that need to be handled. I would give him a good talking to and tell him how you feel about the situation. Some girl along the way probably cheated on him and now he is scared of it happening again. Try to reasure him you are not going to. If he still would let you have your freedom maybe you should part ways. No man has the right to tell you what not to wear.
    mikezapwnzor Posts: 99, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 11:07 PM
    I think that you should do what makes you feel good about yourself (wear make-up) and just dump this guy. He sounds like he's insecure, and most of the time relationships like this end out poorly
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 30, 2007, 11:17 PM
    This is the beginning of the exposure of his control problem--first make-up, then telling you who to be friends with, then telling you to be only with him, etc etc etc. Run, don't walk, away from this guy. The control situation will never end. You will never be able to love him enough to change him. In fact, there is nothing you can do to make someone change. He/she has to want to make the change. Find someone (and he's out there) who likes to see you in make-up and who wants to make YOU happy!
    HaRLoS Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Jul 30, 2007, 11:20 PM
    I'm going to have to agree with all these people here! He is not going to change! If someone ever told me I can't wear make-up I'd show him the door! Staying with him because you love him is not worth all of this controlling behavior, and if he doesn't trust you, than there is no relationship on his side, just an ignorant little boy..
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 05:07 AM
    He is a controlling jerk. You don't deserve to be treated like this. This guy is stepping into some very bad territory. I'd dump him and move on and find someone who treats you nicely.
    Flexel Posts: 61, Reputation: 7

Aug 1, 2007, 04:17 AM
    Hmmmm... I let me girlfriend do what she wants wear what she wants... but am always worried that she will cheat on me as previously about 6 month ago my best mate got with my girlfriend and it messed me up in the head majorly... so I swore I would't let it happen again... but then I meet my recent girlfriend and everything jas just connected... there is a strong connection between us which I like... but she never reassure's me that she won't cheat on me... she always tells me that she doesn't get on with females as she tells them stright what she thinks od them i.e. like them acting fake giving flase behavior... and my girlfriend seems to get on with guys no problem but she never reassure's me that she won't cheat on me... but at the end of the day I know she is commin back to me :) which is a good thing

Comments would be nice please...

But no guy should be telling a girl what to wear would he like it you telling him not to wear jeans, and you started ignoring him :P and obsly he doesn't care if he starts ignoren you...

Thanks
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2007, 04:27 AM
    Flexel, I recommend you move your story to another thread if you want comments, we don't want to steal attention from the girl above do we? :)
    Flexel Posts: 61, Reputation: 7

Aug 1, 2007, 04:35 AM
    Very true, I do apologise but since it was kind of the same topic didn't think I would waste time with another topic with the same story... never mind about my comments but like I said before no guy should tell a girl what to wear/do its called pressured and you should't have to feel pressured in to do anything...
    XxXscarsXxX Posts: 166, Reputation: 8

Aug 2, 2007, 06:54 PM
    thanks guys. I think your definitely right about this..

PS: this is XXXscarsXXX. Sorry I had to make a new account because I forgot my password and my e-mail is being weird.

anyone else? I need more advice if possible. The advice I have now is wonderful. Just need other opinions.. unno? =]
    jasonpeace Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 06:58 PM
    SOB, he has low self esteem!!
    Kellyisawsome Posts: 106, Reputation: 5

Aug 2, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Would you choose your boyfriend over make-up?
    Because I know I would.
    HaRLoS Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Aug 2, 2007, 08:51 PM
    It's not about the make-up... he should not be telling her what to do or wear regardless... and he is ignoring her when she does wear it.. that's not right.. she should be able to wear what ever she wants to, without her boyfriend ignoring her.. he should just be happy she wants to look good for him.. he is being controlling and immature.. she doesn't need that..

Wear whatever you want scars, and dump this loser before it turns into something more than make-up.

No man should tell a woman what they can or cannot wear or do.. its not right..

Wear make-up if it makes you feel good about yourself.. he is just trying to bring you down to his low level.. if you don't think you look pretty.. you won't think your pretty.. and you will end up with low self esteem like he has.. and that's his plan.. he knows it.. and he wants complete control over you and your life.. you don't need that.. GET OUT QUICK
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 09:24 PM
    Dear oh dear... my poor girl ask yourself this , "how long will I be able to put up with this" I think the answer is pretty obvious , it won't be forever! So you need to either let him know upfront he has to stop this and if he doesn't you need to head for the hills I'm afraid.
    I wish you luck

Aug 2, 2007, 10:13 PM
    Thank you so much guys! You really helped me out a lot!

Aug 3, 2007, 08:20 AM
    ps. I can't even call my cousin because he's a guy!!
    =P
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 3, 2007, 09:31 AM
    He's not treating you right, like some of the other people in your life. A boyfriend is someone you actually get to CHOOSE!. not get stuck with ;)

I know you want to make him happy, but you have to be happy in order to do that, and he's not making an effort to put a smile on YOUR face. (now THAT's beautiful!)

Its easier to love a nice boy who treats you like a princess~ You don't need a mean boy! Don't let anyone talk down to you... which he is. You're gorgeous inside and out and he's a jealous idiot. He has no right to tell you what to wear/ how to look... I bet he wouldn't wear what you want him to!

Dump him and make room for that sweet guy that's out there looking for you. :D
    SnaveLeber Posts: 103, Reputation: 5
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Comment on Kellyisawsome's post
    If she submits to something like that now it'll only get worse. Sounds like the makings of an abusive relationship

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search