Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmnopq77 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Me and My Family are having Major Neighbor Problems
    At the end of June, my old neighbors moved out. They were always having loud parties and arguments and we had to call the police on them about 15 times in less than two years. In the beginning of July, we got some new neighbors. There is a 19-year-old and an 18-year-old living there now. On the other side of us, there is a mother, a father, and six kids ages 20, 15, 14, 13, and twelve-year-old twins. The people with six kids rent to the other neighbors. The 19-year-old from the one side is the girlfriend of the 20-year-old from the other side. So we are stuck in the middle. We went over and met the new neighbors to start on the right foot. They had 3 parties in the first two weeks they lived there and then more parties the following Friday (we needed to call the police that day due to loud music), Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Then on Sunday, me and my family went on a short vacation. We came back the following Thursday and we were carrying in our suitcases and there was a bat by the front door so my dad picked it up and threw it in the back. Next thing we know, the mother and 15-year-old came marching over and started yelling and claiming that it was their property. Then they started taking our stuff from the back that has been their for two years and started throwing it because now all of a sudden it's their property. My dad called the police and it was basically just one huge argument. For the past few days, the 15-year-old has been riding by our house on his bike yelling things. We can't even go outside and relax without having them yelling things to us. We have just been ignoring them. The other day, the 15-year-old left his bike laying in our yard for whatever reason. Then, last night, the 15-year-old walking into our yard and started cutting down little trees with his huge lawnmower so then we had little pieces of wood all over our yard. Then he left. Next thing we know, he walks over carrying a saw and started cutting down our lilac bushes! He never finished though and just left a heaping pile of branches in the back of our yard. I really don't want to move. What should we do??
    SnaveLeber Posts: 103, Reputation: 5
    -

Jul 29, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Im not sure if you've tried it or not but maybe some video footage would help? Plus, what did the police do about the situation? This really must suck a lot, but I would think the best thing to do is to catch them in the act and take it to court
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lmnopq77
    I really don't want to move. What should we do???
    Hello l:

You should move.

excon
    canadianhotbox Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jul 30, 2007, 03:21 AM
    If the cops won't help you, get out there and kick some ing . It's one thing to have load partys but, it's another to with your stuff. Become insane, with them more. Let them know what ever they do to you, you will do to them even more. Good luck
    canadianhotbox Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jul 30, 2007, 03:22 AM
    There is some words missing like the F one from my answer
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 30, 2007, 06:10 AM
    First, if you can prove the 15 year old deliberately cut down your trees you can have him arrested for trespassing and vandalism. You can sue his parents for the value of the shrubbery.

And I think you should do so immediately.

If you don't have proof then install cameras to try and catch them at further vandalism.

Once they see that you mean business and that they can get into serious trouble by harassing you, they may agree to leave you alone if you drop the charges.
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Jul 30, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lmnopq77
    At the end of June, my old neighbors moved out. They were always having loud parties and arguments and we had to call the police on them about 15 times in less than two years. In the beginning of July, we got some new neighbors. There is a 19-year-old and an 18-year-old living there now. On the other side of us, there is a mother, a father, and six kids ages 20, 15, 14, 13, and twelve-year-old twins. The people with six kids rent to the other neighbors. The 19-year-old from the one side is the girlfriend of the 20-year-old from the other side. So we are stuck in the middle. We went over and met the new neighbors to start off on the right foot. They had 3 parties in the first two weeks they lived there and then more parties the following Friday (we needed to call the police that day due to loud music), Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Then on Sunday, me and my family went on a short vacation. We came back the following Thursday and we were carrying in our suitcases and there was a bat by the front door so my dad picked it up and threw it in the back. Next thing we know, the mother and 15-year-old came marching over and started yelling and claiming that it was their property. Then they started taking our stuff from the back that has been their for two years and started throwing it because now all of a sudden its their property. My dad called the police and it was basically just one huge argument. For the past few days, the 15-year-old has been riding by our house on his bike yelling things. We can't even go outside and relax without having them yelling things to us. We have just been ignoring them. The other day, the 15-year-old left his bike laying in our yard for whatever reason. Then, last night, the 15-year-old walking into our yard and started cutting down little trees with his huge lawnmower so then we had little pieces of wood all over our yard. Then he left. Next thing we know, he walks over carrying a saw and started cutting down our lilac bushes! He never finished though and just left a heaping pile of branches in the back of our yard. I really don't want to move. What should we do???
    You can also get a civil restraining order. Then if they violate that there are grounds for criminal charges. Bottom line is... do whatever you can within the law to keep your family safe! Start a paper trail with the police and prove harassment, post no trespassing signs, etc
    Hunter_Man 1010 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Jul 30, 2007, 12:54 PM
    I say sue their , for harassment, then like that guy said get a restraining order, then maybe some barbewire fences or something
    Hunter_Man 1010 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Jul 30, 2007, 12:55 PM
    It blocked out the word after their should be AS$

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to stop a neighbor from harassing my family [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all, Forgive me , first time using the site I have an Issue with a neighbor harassing me and my family, we live in a townhouse/condo and we share a porch which is considered a common area unfortunately Well this neighbor and his friends and family all hangout there smoking and...

Neighbor problems and out of money! [ 9 Answers ]

Please bare with me if I have posted in the wrong forum. I'm in desperate need of some help or advice!! Five years ago we bought our rural house on 5 acres. Our property runs lengthwise and there is no one around except for 1 neighbor about 400 feet behind us. From the day we moved in problems...

Neighbor woman harassed family what can I do [ 7 Answers ]

My children and I have been living in fear for 2 years now, a neighbor woman and her 'friends', have stalked, harassed, had property damage, etc... After calling police many times, were told, "get proof", then to "move", OK, now I have proof. And after emotional, financial and physical distress, I...

Neighbor Problems [ 3 Answers ]

I hope this is the right area... My husband and I built our home about 4 years ago in a growing area of Florida. Empty lots surrounded when we moved in our home. About six months ago the last empty lot was improved a family moved in. problems started immediately. The neighbors began leaning...

Major Cat Problems [ 1 Answers ]

My cat is almost 3 years old and has had major issues most of her life. She is generally a timid cat who does not like strangers or other animals. She has a skin problem which causes her to itch uncontrolably on her head and face only. She has had lab work and is on or has been on several...

View more questions Search