Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BYC Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2005, 06:16 AM
    Wiring Harness Extensions 97 Civic
    I flipped the doors on my 97 honda civic coupe.( Suicide the doors ) I need to extend the door wiring harnesses for the electric to the doors. Is there an pre made extension available or how do I extend the wiring? Thank in advance
    PalmettoFinesse Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Sep 9, 2008, 06:15 PM
    I'm not sure about your civic but for a ford ranger I used to have, I had to run the wiring backwards, how your wiring would usually run through the door jamb where the front is, I drilled a hole in the back and ran it through the head liner and into the back part on my ranger... basically just like it was when they were normal, but as far as the wiring, I went to a junk yard, stipped some other ranger and sodered the wires together for an extension, I didn't really look to see if there was an extended harness but I found it not to be that hard with help from me electrician friend... but also in my case I had it run to where there was no window up/down button on the passenger side, I had both the window control buttons on the drivers door, also I had shaved door handles so I was only running the window buttons... I know I wasn't very clear but that's the best I can do, hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

98 civic wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I am not an expert with my car and while doing some labor accidentally damaged some wiring that is hooked up to the electrical box on the passenger side foot board. As a result the car won't start now and I am in need of some advice as to where I might find the wiring that connects to that box and...

View more questions Search