Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azrn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Laminate flooring
    I had a laminate floor installed a year ago. I live in the desert but we are in monsoon season now and it is hot and humid. I have noticed what looks like bubbling along some of the seams. What could be causing this and is there any fix to it? It is a glueless floating floor. Thanks... anne
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 26, 2007, 02:42 AM
    Sounds like moisture separating the laminate on the edges. Did you have a moisture barrier installed under the floor before installation?

But... you definitely know you cannot use a lot of water when cleaning this floor. A damp mop will do.
    azrn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 04:58 PM
    There was green foam sheets put under it. Is that moisture barrier? Is there anything I can do with the bubbles or just wait until monsoon season ends and see what happens? Thanks, anne
    elmo13 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2007, 07:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by azrn
    I have noticed what looks like bubbling along some of the seams.
    Do you mean moisture bubbling through the panels?

The other thing this could be is when they installed it, did they leave an expansion gap around the entire perimeter of the laminate to allow for expansion and contraction? usually around 1/4", but in very high humidity/heat areas can sometimes be up to 1/2".
    If they didn't leave this gap, that bubbling could be because the panels are installed directly against the walls, which in turn forces the laminate to expand inwards against each other, rather than outwards, hence the bubbling??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate flooring [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased my laminate flooring today and was puzzled by what I was told. The location I purchased it from said that since the flooring I purchased came with the foam backing already attached to the planks then I did not need to purchase the roll underlayment, the form on the back was all I...

Laminate flooring [ 3 Answers ]

I have laminate wood flooring in my kitchen. One of my children spilled something on the floor and neglected to clean it up. When I noticed it, it had already buckled. Is there any home fix-it I can try to correct this. I cannot afford to have it repaired and would appreciate any help.

Laminate flooring [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I paid a bulider just six months ago to lay a laminate floor in my lounge , six months later it has begun to rise in various places , I am very upset about this , and he's not prepared to put it right , so it looks as though I must try and fix it myself , trouble is I don't know why its...

Laminate Flooring [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I bought some laminate flooring and after about 5-6 months it seems like one area of the floor has air underneath it. We left a .25 inch space around the whole livingroom but we still have a huge problem. What can we do to fix this. It seems like one section of the flooring looks...

Laminate flooring [ 1 Answers ]

I have several sections of laminate flooring that have been chipped.Is there a way to replace just the damaged pieces?:confused:

View more questions Search