Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucas Ammons Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Jul 25, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Holy Trinity- Islam
    I heard muslims believe in god, but chirstians say to be saved everyone has to believe that jesus is the son of god. I think most chirstians are missing the point of the holy trinity. God, Jesus, holy spirit. The three are one. So I think heaven is open who worships god, and repenace of their sin. God can use anyone to glorify name, Muhammad, Gandhi, the pope etc. We as a people need to realise that we don't have all the answers, so we must turn to god, do I make any sense?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Trinity in Islam
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Within Christianity, the doctrine of the Trinity states that God is a single being who exists, simultaneously and eternally, as a communion of three distinct persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Both Jews and Muslims find this conception of God foreign to their scriptures and strongly disagree with it by regarding it as a blasphemous denial of monotheism.

Trinity in the Qur'an

There are many verses in the Qur'an relating to the divinity of Jesus (See Isa not God), however the word "Trinity" only appears in the Qur'an in verses [Qur'an 4:171] and [Qur'an 5:73]:
    O People of the Book, commit no excesses in your religion; nor say of God anything but the truth. The Messiah Jesus son of Mary was (no more than) a Messenger of God, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from Him; so believe in God and His Messengers. Say not "Trinity": desist! It will be better for you: for God is One: Glory be to Him! (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as a Disposer of affairs. (Qur'an [Qur'an 4:171])
    They do blaspheme who say: God is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One God. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them. (Qur'an [Qur'an 5:73])

---------------------------------------

Tawḥīd (Arabic: توحيد; also transliterated Tawheed and Tauheed; Turkish: Tevhid) is the Islamic concept of monotheism. In Islam, Tawhīd means to assert the unity of Allah. The opposite of Tawhīd is shirk, which means "making something a companion" (to God) in Arabic, referring to idolatry.

Etymology
    In the Arabic language, Tawhīd means 'unification' and is derived from the root word, ahad, which is made up of three Arabic letters. Al-Wahid, one of the 99 Names of Allah, is made up of the root word and describes wihdat or the oneness of Allah. Tawhidullah means the literal assertion of Allah's oneness and monotheistic existence.

Definition

Muslims believe that Allah cannot be held equal in any way to other beings or concepts. This monotheism is absolute, not relative or pluralistic in any sense of the word. It is for this reason that Muslims reject the concept of the Trinity held by most Christians.

Verses from the Qur'ān

Many passages of the Qur'an refer to Tawhīd.
    The Qur'an, chapter 112 (Al-Ikhlas), verse 1 to 4:

Say: [1] Say: He, Allah, is One. [2] Allah is He on Whom all depend. [3] He begets not, nor is He begotten. [4] And none is like Him. — translated by M. H. Shakir

------------------------------------------
    Muhammad
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Muhammad (Arabic: محمد[2] Muḥammad; also Mohammed, Muhammed, Mahomet, and other variants)[3][4][5] (c. 570 Mecca- June 8, 632 CE Madina), was the founder of Islam and is regarded by Muslims as the last messenger and prophet of God (Arabic: الله Allah).[6] Muslims believe that he was not the creator of a new religion, but the restorer of the original, uncorrupted monotheistic faith of Adam, Abraham and others. They see him as the last and the greatest in a series of prophets.[7]
    -----------------------------------

I have highlighted some points in order to bring them to focus of the reader.

:) :)

Jul 25, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Your just proving my point the worship or mention of the holy trinity is unnessary. There is one god, and to trying to make him into other forms seems very little odd to me. Most Chirstians a thing have thing about worshiping jesus, saying he the only why to heaven/paradise thank the catholics for that triniy, I'm baptist who is trying bring all religions the one true god togther. Sorry if I offended you. May god bring you peace.

P.S. worship god, repent of sins, pray yourself and others ,and heaven/paradise will be open to you and anyone that worships the true god. And thanks for the Qu'ran passages I could definitely use them in my story.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ammons
    Your just proving my point the worship or mention of the holy trinity is unnessary. There is one god, and to trying to make him into other forms seems very little odd to me. Most Chirstians a thing have thing about worshiping jesus, saying he the only why to heaven/paradise thank the catholics for that triniy, I'm baptist who is trying bring all religions the one true god togther. Sorry if I offended you. May god bring you peace.

P.S. worship god, repent of sins, pray yourself and others ,and heaven/paradise will be open to you and and anyone that worships the true god. And thanks for the Qu'ran passages I could definitly use them in my story.
    Just out of curiosity...
    What story are you writing?

:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 25, 2007, 01:01 PM
    God "could" use anyone, but he did not, he choose his son, to come to earth and die for our sins, No other person did that. And none of the religious leaders you mentioned have ever claimed to have come to die for the sin of others.

So yes God could have chosen another way, but did not, so faith in Jesus is required.

Jul 25, 2007, 02:11 PM
    I have number of science fiction stories I currently working on firmbeliever. The basic plot is satanic cult known as 666 has bombed many churches, Musqes, senagoges. A elite intergalactic marine recon team is to a asteroid were an unholy enemy been awakened. The story Muslims, Chirstians, Jews both man and woman along with the rest of humanity that is not allied with 666, fights toghter. "The enemy of my enemy my friend."
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2007, 02:28 PM
    More Catholic bashing - don't we have enough of it already?

" Most Chirstians a thing have thing about worshiping jesus, saying he the only why to heaven/paradise thank the catholics for that triniy,"

Read through some of the history of the First Council of Nicaea and then tell me the Trinity is just a Catholic "thing."

Jul 25, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Fr. Chuck, god is so far beyond our understanding. If there is going to be world peace someday all mankind must stop fighting these pointless religious docrine wars and realize they do not know everything. Chirstians worship god, muslims worship god, jews worship god. Three religions that worship god. Don't be to quick to judge, that's the sin of pride. I am nowhere near perfect, I done the same thing your doing. God has opened my eyes.
    therightpath Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 03:14 PM
    There is no holy trinity. Is jesus God? Is he The son of God or is he the holy spirit? IM CONFUSED?
    Another point... Why is there no mention in the bible or by "Jesus" about Muhammed(PBUH). If Jesus is god or the son of god or the holy spirit, surely he would have known that there would be another religion that will be coming. A religion that will grow very quick. SURELY IF "JESUS" was GOD AND THE SON OF GOD AND THE HOLY SPIRIT, HE WOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THIS. WHY IS THERE NO MENTION OF MUHAMMED THEN IN THE BIBLE OR BY "JESUS"?
    therightpath Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 03:23 PM

You know why? Because this so called bible is not the word of god or jesus. It was written by a man. It was written by the creation and not the creator. And this certain individual which wrote the bible, did not include the things or the information that he did not want the people to hear. These bibles of yours have many contridictions. Some say that God rides on chirups (angels). While others say that God has the power to be at all places and hear all and see all. Why would God need the help of an angel to travel? Also in these bibles of yours, they include that jesus was crucified on good Friday and that he was buried or put into a cave on that night. Right? And that it was 3 days and 3 nights later that mary came to message his skin (as quoted from the bible in english translation), Why on earth would someone come to message a dead body? Anyway. Back to the point, it says 3 days and 3 night and that mary came on the 3rd day Sunday. Ok lets count. Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday night, Sunday morning, that's 2 days and 2 nights. Now its either you that is wrong or the bible, or even jesus?
    mrseungjunlee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 07:11 AM
    Why we are always arguing about our belief. I as a christians and believers of christ I allow you to interprete your own book(Qur'an) and also you should allow Christians to interpret our own book(The Bible). The process of salvation is not by us but God alone . All of us must know about Jesus Christ and it's up to all of us if we will accept or deny him... God is triune not triplex..
    samdarwen Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2012, 02:52 AM
    In the holy Bible; Jesus Christ never said/claimed/or even called by the name God or the Holy Spirit… He was called Barabbas and it is an Aramaic word used to describe men in God’s service and it translates to the GOOD SON to his father. However; the first time in history that Jesus Christ was called the son of God or God, was more than 300 years after the time of Jesus Christ.
    Muslims; believe in Jesus as a Prophet and believe that Jesus himself (As the holy Bible states) He turns to his God for assistance many times and prayed for him, asked his gaudiness and more… So what Muslims believe is a little different than what Christians do, however; they do believe that Jesus Christ is coming back to save the world from the false Christs and Evil, as a sign of the end of days, and until today; no actual Biblical explanation or mentioning about this subject. On the other hand Jews believes in the Old Testament only and consider Jesus Christ imposter and a lie. Awaiting for their Messiah who is coming ONLY for them and not for the world, to be their king and theirs only.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

List of scriptures re the trinity [ 6 Answers ]

I do not believe in the trinity but I do notice that some few scriptures like John 1:1 and John 8:58, Titus 2:13, also Justin Martyr's Dialogue with Trypho (Catholic translation) call Jesus God. Yet the overwhelming majority of scripture shows Jesus' subjection to the Father. Is it possible to...

The gift of the Holy Spirit [ 7 Answers ]

This is a two part question- 1.-- I am looking for scriptures that would shows where anyone ever spoke in an unknown tongue(unknown to the speaker & hearer) after receiving the Holy Ghost. 2.--- I also need some verses to support being slain in the spirit. Where is there any record where anyone...

Trinity [ 28 Answers ]

How do you define the Trinity?

Is the Trinity a Christian Truth? [ 48 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, First, This is what I mean when speaking about the Trinity. What is it? It is the believe of 3 almighty, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. All are not separate, but one. All are all knowing and omniscient.. No above the 0ther. The Catholic...

Holy Cow! [ 46 Answers ]

Ok, I'm sure you have all heard about the kid that ran away from the military to Canada to avoid going to Iraq. His first excuse was that he thought if he returned he'd be persecuted, but since that didn't fly, he decided to claim the war was illegal. Obviously because this wasn't his first...

View more questions Search