Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EmCottie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Eating Disorder
    I have recently felt really fat. I checked my BMI and it says I'm really low normal but I feel huge. I have a really low self esteem I think but its only when I'm by myself when I'm with friends I'm fine! I often try to make myself sick I have also chosen about two months ago to restrict my diet and stop eating certain things and in a way that is not healthy but I can't stop myself anymore. I've lost about 2 stone. I'm so glad no ones noticed because I can't stop anymore its really out of control! Can anyone help?:confused: :(
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 10:29 AM
    It sounds like you do have an eating disorder. Which is a very big problem that cannot be tackled and helped alone. You need to confide in someone you trust that you need help. If you feel comfortable with it I would say talk to one of your parents. What your doing can really hurt your body and cause many, many medical problems. Please ask someone for help who can get you to a doctor or therapist.
    naughtycal Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Jul 24, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EmCottie
    I have recently felt really fat. I checked my BMI and it says im really low normal but i feel huge. I have a really low self esteem i think but its only when im by myself when im with friends im fine!! i often try to make myself sick i have also chosen about two months ago to restrict my diet and stop eating certain things and in a way that is not healthy but i can't stop myself anymore. I've lost about 2 stone. I'm so glad no ones noticed because i can't stop anymore its really out of control!! Can anyone help?:confused: :(
    First of all I would just like to say when you have a eating disorder it will make you feel terible about yourself.. witch is really bad. Today girls look in mags and see pics of size 0 modles. SIZE 0 IS NOT Beautiful. It is disgusting and wrong. Everyone single one of us are beautiful in our own way. And you are not fat. I think itd be best to talk to an truastable adul about your eating disorder, or you can speak confidentialy to child line on 08001111 calls are free from mobs, and home lines and won't show up on BT landlines. And good luck!
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EmCottie
    I have recently felt really fat. I checked my BMI and it says im really low normal but i feel huge. I have a really low self esteem i think but its only when im by myself when im with friends im fine!! i often try to make myself sick i have also chosen about two months ago to restrict my diet and stop eating certain things and in a way that is not healthy but i can't stop myself anymore. I've lost about 2 stone. I'm so glad no ones noticed because i can't stop anymore its really out of control!! Can anyone help?:confused: :(
    okay nthe way you are feeling IS an eating disorder-probably Bulimia maybe bulerexia- I know quite a great deal about this.

You need counselling-it is a mental issue first that creates the need to feel thin and the feeling that you are fat. I think you would agree that your self-talk is making you feel this way-you are actually not fat.

please seek a counsellor firstly over the phone, then perhaps face to face-you have to do this in order for it to not affect you further. Only you can do this. Show some strength (while you can) and do it today! I wish you well, but YOU HAVE to get help for this it can kill you.

cheers

x-ray
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 24, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by naughtycal
    First of all i would just like to say when you have a eating disorder it will make you feel terible about yourself.. witch is realy bad. today girls look in mags and see pics of size 0 modles. SIZE 0 IS NOT BEUTIFUL. it is disgusting and wrong. Everyone single one of us are beutiful in our own way. and you are not fat. i think itd be best to talk to an truastable adul about your eating disorder, or you can speak confidentialy to child line on 08001111 calls are free from mobs, and home lines and wont show up on BT landlines. And good luck!
    I think it is supposed to read:

**First of all, I would just like to say, when you have an eating disorder it will make you feel terrible about yourself, which is really bad. Today girls look in magazines and see pictures of size 0 models. SIZE 0 IS NOT BEAUTIFUL. It is disgusting and wrong. Every single one of us is beautiful in our own way. And you are not fat. I think it would be best to talk to an adult you trust about your eating disorder, or you can speak confidentially to (I can't accurately decipher the rest). And good luck.**

An eating disorder cannot be conquered alone, counseling is necessary to find out why you have this disorder and to correct the behaviors. Anorexia, bulemia and the rest are disorders of control. You need to find out what is causing you to feel that you need to be in control.
    Dreams of lies Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Hey I had the same problem and I still do, the thing is that you can't stop its like a drug that you will be on. And I would say is that if you do something around your freands and family you will forget it, but if you still feel this way I would go and so something about it. I can tell you what to do, beauce I am the same way, and I don't tell any of my problems like this too people so. Just hang on, maby tell your parents that you have to go see a doctor, or some one to talk to, mabe a freand that is what I would do... well hope this helped a little bye
    BN61239 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Jul 31, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by naughtycal
    First of all i would just like to say when you have a eating disorder it will make you feel terible about yourself.. witch is realy bad. today girls look in mags and see pics of size 0 modles. SIZE 0 IS NOT BEUTIFUL. it is disgusting and wrong. Everyone single one of us are beutiful in our own way. and you are not fat. i think itd be best to talk to an truastable adul about your eating disorder, or you can speak confidentialy to child line on 08001111 calls are free from mobs, and home lines and wont show up on BT landlines. And good luck!
    I am a teenage girl and I am a size zero. If you said all girls are beautiful in your own way then why'd you say that size zero is not beautiful? It is not disgusting and wrong. If you are a 17 year old, weird and very odd looking... yes. But that was kind of rude, sorry if I took it too personally, I was just speaking what was on my mind.
    SpawnOfAzazel Posts: 106, Reputation: 18

Jul 31, 2007, 04:22 PM
    There is nothing wrong with a size 0. The only thing wrong is taking drastic and potentially life threatening measures to get to that point. While a drastic weight loss may seem elating for a moment, over time it can cause irreparable damage to both your mind and body. I have a feeling it isn't just about feeling "fat", but there may be other factors contributing to your feeling that way.
    It may be the time for you to take the first step and take your own health into consideration. Start by making healthful and nutritious choices when it comes to meals and snacks, and take a multivitamin with one of these meals, even if it is just a small one. Remind yourself that your body needs this to survive.
    The next step is to join a support group or seek counseling with a psychologist in your area. I recommend both if you can since the support group will supplement your therapy sessions, and it's a lot easier to cope when you realize you are not alone with feeling this way. There is power in numbers, so to speak.
    You have already done the most crucial step to recovering by admitting to the fact that you have a problem and that you truly want to do something about it. That said, the prognosis looks good.
    I wish you the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eating disorder? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - Ever since last September, I've decided to lose weight. I'm 13 years old, and have lost 27 pounds. People always say how skinny I am, but when I look in the mirror, I don't see me as skinny... I just see an ugly, disgusting, chubby me. I'm also super obsessed with food... I'm into...

Eating Disorder? [ 13 Answers ]

My apologies if I am asking this question in the wrong area as I am not entirely sure where this should be asked. My question is about eating disorders. Can a slightly overweight person be anorexic or bulimic? How do you know if a person has an eating disorder? Any ideas? :confused:

Eating Disorder [ 7 Answers ]

Im unsure of what to do anymore. Just over a year ago I lost a lot of weight, some people might have diagnosed me as anorexic. A lot of things happened, I will not go into detail. I put the weight back on. 6 months ago, due to this issue (and a few others), I lost basically all of my close...

Eating disorder [ 8 Answers ]

Has any one suffered from eating disorder? I have eatind disorder since I was 17.actually I have no idea what I have exactly, one day I woke up so bloated and I can smell the food from last night in my stomach and from that day regular meals like 3 times a day makes me bloated like I am 6 months...

View more questions Search