Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lozzajayne Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 03:33 AM
    Are these the right dates?
    My partner and I have been trying for a baby for nearly seven months still with no luck.just recently we finally got the hang of working out my ovulation dates... hooray about time :) .
    My ovulation date for this month was July 20th if worked out right my last period was July 4th and there are 30 days in my cycle.We had sex the 19 20 and 21st and 23rd and we would just like to know if these were the right dates we should have done it on? After intercourse I also put a pillow underneath me to support me is this the right thing to do and also what do you think my chances are of conceiving this month?
    We have both cut out alcohol and we both eat healthy but is there any other factors that could help seed the process along.We long for the day when the pregnancy test says I'm pregnant but this just doesn't seem to be happening I am not giving up hope but I am starting to get very stressed about the whole situation.Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you x
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 09:15 AM
    Here is an ovulation calendar to help you with your ovulation dates : American Pregnancy Association : Getting Pregnant: Ovulation Calendar

Also, here are some extra tips that may help you in the process of getting pregnant : Tips on Getting Pregnant

I hope this helps, and good luck! :)
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Jul 23, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Although you most likely will only be fertile for a few days the window of possible ovulation in any cycle is about 11 days long. Guessing when you will ovulate is a good start however you could be way off if you are not using the whole window of possible fertility (by having intercourse every other day). Your dates are in your window. If you ovulated early of late in you window you could have missed it (For fun…I checked the window of possibility for when my son was conceived. It was on the last day of my window). Your window was from the 16-26 of July. After eight months you may also want to try other methods such as tracking your cervical mucus. Around the time of ovulation the cervical mucus becomes very thin, like egg whites. Before and after this time the cervical mucus is usually much thicker, not very stretchy, and can even be a different color. Basal body temperature is a great way to track your fertility as well. This goes hand in hand with ovulation as the body temperature will spike when ovulation occurs.
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jul 23, 2007, 12:10 PM
    As babieface85 said start having sex every other day. The sperm will live for 3 to 5 days in your body waiting for your egg. Having sex every 2 or 3 days will ensure that you have it sometime around when you are ovualting. Also, having sex every other day lets that sperm count build up again so there is plenty to go around.
    I have heard to place a pillow under you to help the sperm make their way, but be sure to use a small pillow. Best of luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you have two wedding dates? [ 24 Answers ]

This seems like a silly question but I've been struggling with my (insane!) future in-laws for a while now. I'm getting married in July to a man I love and want to spend the rest of my life with, but his parents have gone completely bonkers over the wedding. They are of a different faith than I,...

Birth Dates [ 6 Answers ]

I have a friend who, if I tell him my birth date, can tell me what day of the week I was born on, but he won't tell me how it is done. Can you? Thank you.

View more questions Search