Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sd9h Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Squatters Rights in Texas
    I have been living on my land now for 16 years and my parents now want me off! This is my second home on this property and I have built pemanant stuctures. Do I have any rights by Texas law?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2007, 04:25 AM
    Hello sd:

You might. Hire a lawyer.

excon
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 06:24 AM
    In VA you would have a good case. I don't know about Texas. Have you offered to purchase the property from your parents?
    legendstormcrow Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jan 21, 2011, 04:42 PM
    Depends. If it was a rent to own it could be twisted into a good case. Squaters rights are non-existant nowadays but you do fall under the renters rights even if you don't pay rent. Even if they manage to keep the upper hand and send you a written document telling you to get off the land it has to be certified mailed. I'm still trying to get this done in the reverse for my in-laws. Wish me luck ridding the world of the insane.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are visitation rights the same in Texas as for all states? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a brother living in the Valley whom has recently divorced and has the typical every other weekend visitation rights. However, he seemly has the kids several times during the week as well as many weekends for the month. Recently, my brother had to fire one of his asistant managers and that...

NJ vacant land, squatters rights [ 10 Answers ]

We live in monmouth county and have an empty lot across from us. Since we have lived here 7 years, it has been mowed the first 3 years, then once for 2 years, and hasn't been mowed for the past 2 years. We want to know if we start taking care of that property and harvest some crops there would we...

Texas squatters law? [ 5 Answers ]

I heard from a friend, that there is an old law in Texas about getting land by staying there a certain amount of time... but I'm not sure if its true... he told me that if you stay on a pice of land that isn't owned, it will become yours after a period. I'm curious if this is true?

Squatters rights. [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, This is taking place in NYS. I recently bought 25 acres of land that borders about 12 houses in my development. Upon purchase I sent out letters for usage of the land i.e.. They could mow it and use it just not put up any permeant structures or cut any trees. Also that the land has...

Termination of Parental Rights in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

Once the parental rights of the biological parents have been terminated, does that mean the relationship of all biological relatives are also terminated?

View more questions Search