Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GEMINI84123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Two new kittens that are outdoors
    I just got two 9 week old kittens yesterday. They were brother and sister. They were outside cats. They were eating rats, pork and beans, meat, dog food, cat food. I just got them kitten chow but they barely eat it what should I do ? Also how do I teach them to be indoor kittens when they are usually outdoors all the time. Please let me know thanks :confused:
    Nicnet Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Jul 22, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Firstly don't worry too much about them not eating what your putting down, they are probably still hunting when they go out.

To train them to be house cats your need to break the hunting habbit, keep them indoors for a while, they will get hungry enough to eat what you put down and slowly learn that that is their primary food supply.

They are semi-ferral and only lots of human contact will break that instinct.

Nicnet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2x 16 week kittens [ 2 Answers ]

My youngest of 2 cats (sachi) was killed by a car on Friday, and my mum thought that she would cheer me up with 2 new 16 week kittens, one male one female, reluctantly I took them, they were obviously very nervous and quiet. They were infested with fleas which I have treated them both, and washed...

6 kittens [ 8 Answers ]

I have six kittens that are about six weeks old that are now eating dry food. 5 are male and one is female. I really am a dog person though I love my cats... Oh and the momma already got fixed so that won't happen again. I was just wondering when I should get the little ones spaied/nutered at what...

Condenser fan (outdoors) doesn't work [ 2 Answers ]

Today is my first time this year to use the central air condition. However, the condenser fan (outdoors) doesn't work. I cab hear the buzz noise. The unit inside the home is working. The condenser fan doesn't even rotate when I try to move it by hand. What I can do with it? Thanks a lot!

Help with my two kittens [ 2 Answers ]

I have two kittens. They are sisters, they are about 4/5 months old but for some strangle reason one keeps sucking the other ones nipples. I am worried this will make her nipples sore, and why are they doing this? Please help if you can. Thank you x

Kittens [ 2 Answers ]

I have 4 kittens that will be 5 weeks on this Saturday they won't eat cat food yet is this right only one is drinking water but they are using the litter box can you give me some info please

View more questions Search