Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alloyd Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 05:28 AM
    Goodman AC/Furnace: condenser not coming on after installation of new blower motor
    Have and outside Goodman AC unit and Goodman furnace (inside duh!). Anyhoo, after installing new blower motor the AC unit will not kick on. Have reset outside breaker, and double checking wiring on controller board on furnace, noticed one blue wire was disconnected, reconnected that and still not working.

New installation >>two connectors on controller board labeled park, that were previously connected on old setup up; consulted a furnace expert, over the phone and said PARK means that they do nothing...

Blower motor is a three speed>>
    Black (High) is connected to Cool H on controller board
    Blue (Medium) is connected to Heat H on controller board
    Red (Low) capped off
    Yellow ( Line) is connected to Line Neutral on controller board

Controller Board
    Red and Blue from controller board marked PARK are capped off

Need help on steps to get AC working again, anything helps!
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2007, 10:13 AM
    First make sure that you didn't pull any of the low voltage connections loose at the botton of the control board.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Does the inside blower start when you turn the thermostat on cool? Did you follow the thermostat wires from the outside unit back to the furnace and make sure the 2 wires are connected in the furnace?

Jul 21, 2007, 11:22 AM
    The inside blower motor does kick on when thermostat is set to cool, yes. The outside is not starting up.

Jul 21, 2007, 11:28 AM
    My concern was the two PARK positions on the controller board Goodman
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Park terminals are for the unused blower speed wires. I think you knocked the thermostat wires for the condenser off. One goes to the yellow wire from the thermostat and the other one goes to the chassis ground.

Jul 21, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Yup that was it! The lead from thermostat was conncected to the TWIN terminal, the only one that did not have a wire connected to it, typical male response, hmmm loose wire, all terminals are connected but this one, (eventhough it says common line) can I get a home DOH! Please do not DEE DEE DEE me, OK? Thanks for the help and prompt answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condenser Fan Motor Wiring for Goodman AC Heat Pump 3 Ton [ 5 Answers ]

Condenser Fan Motor Wiring for Goodman 3 Ton -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello Everyone, I have a GOODMAN A/C Heat Pump Model# CPLE 36-1 installed 3 years ago. Last week I turned the unit on, the compressor hums (not run)about 3-5...

Furnace blower motor [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Climatrol Furnace, and it stopped working. I called a Heating Co, and the technician said that that the motor was bad, it's and old unit with Climatrol no longer in business. I might be able to find a used motor, but I really need a new furnace. After he left I was reaching in and I was...

Blower motor wiring on a Goodman GMP [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMP forced air furnace running on natural gas. It is about 5 - 6 years old. It recently went out. The draft inducer would come on and the igniter would glow but then it would shut down without opening the gas valve. I checked and found that the board was never sending a...

Furnace blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

A friend asked help about his furnace blower emitting a screeching sound during operation and then just stopped. I went over and tried to rotate the blower by hand - resistance to free rotation was present. Removed the blower assembly and dismantled motor. No lubrication on both motor bushings....

View more questions Search