Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kman99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2007, 02:59 AM
    Dating age
    Yes I want to ask this girl out from work she's given her 2 weeks notice. I'm 20 and she is 16 an people at work say that is to young, and my friend said some stupid thing saying they have to be half your age plus 7. so I don't what I should do?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2007, 03:05 AM
    Absolutely nothing. Do nothing. Your too old. She is too young. Maybe in another 2 or 4 years you might cross paths again, then think about dating. Right now. No.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2007, 03:15 AM
    I agree with the answer above. 16 to 20 is too much of a spread in ages and life experience.
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Jul 21, 2007, 01:40 PM
    28 dating a 24 is one thing
    20 dating a 16 is another. Not going to happen.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jul 21, 2007, 01:43 PM
    It's more of where you both are in your lives right now, she's still in high school and you're graduated (and in college?) Too much of a difference
    Shadow300 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2007, 08:48 AM
    4 years is not a big difference, but you the above are right, maybe in a few years
    touji-za-nai Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Jul 22, 2007, 08:59 AM
    Too old, but I am having the same problem, I'm 16 she is 14.
    I usually would say stay within 1 year of age when young but 2 is border line, so 4 is no.
    BN61239 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Don't listen to your friends. If you feel that it is meant to be ask her out. If she feels uncomfortable going out with a guy 4 years older than her then just shake it off and find someone new. Most marraiges are years apart. Most of the time 2-10 year differences. Ask her out, see what she says. Hope this helps.
    BN61239 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Jul 23, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Adding to my previous message... I also do agree with others. Let her know that you like her and maybe in a few years when she is out of high school and you have your life planned out then you can see if she is still right for you. Get to be good friends first. Good luck.
    lostinatrance Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2007, 06:08 PM
    It all depends on if you both care about the age difference or not. I believe that age is just a number.

Jul 23, 2007, 06:12 PM
    *typo* meant to say illegal
    liss1968 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jul 23, 2007, 06:15 PM
    My son is in the same type of situation and I feel age should not be an issue if you are able to wait until both are old enough to handle anythn besides strictly platonic you will have it made and that relationship will last
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 06:52 PM
    If some 20 year old man comes sniffing around my 16 year old daughter, I would be sure to show him my husband's gun collection as well as his sharp shooter's award he won in the Navy.

What on earth, besides the obvious, would you want with a 10th grader?

Jul 23, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland
    If some 20 year old man comes sniffing around my 16 year old daughter, I would be sure to show him my husband's gun collection as well as his sharp shooter's award he won in the Navy.

What on earth, besides the obvious, would you want with a 10th grader?
    Thanks you, I like your thinking
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 23, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Do nothing. She is too young and not at the same level of maturity. Why be a target for a pissed off parent trying to protect their teenage daughter from a grown man. If you read other posts here on the same thing, teen females may like the attention of an older guy, but there is a lot of trouble for a man messing with someone's child. Take it from a father who would beat the crap out of you, if you came sniffing around any female I am responsible for. Don't let the little head get the big one put in jail, or worse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

"Dark Age" or "Golden Age" of Human Existence? [ 3 Answers ]

History shows us over and over that all great civilizations eventually come to an end. It stands then that our Civilization (as we know it) will come to an end sometime as well. Do you think the world is slipping into a "Dark Age", or are we about to emerge into a "Golden Age" ? We seem to...

Age [ 1 Answers ]

How old is my furnace model number gmp 125-5 serial number 96108661 81 and my air conditioner carrier model number 38gf104330 serial number 104829?

Age? [ 19 Answers ]

What do you think the boarder line age would be. Like how far apart would you think is okay. Like 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 years or more.

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search