Ask
    Freethinka Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Jul 20, 2007, 08:44 PM
    Does jesus live? Show me proof.
    How much longer before he come back,
    Anyone know, let me know please...
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Jul 20, 2007, 08:49 PM
    There has been many things happening nowadays which are very similar to what the book of revelation states will happen prior to Jesus's coming. You might want to read some info about it.
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

Jul 20, 2007, 09:13 PM
    Free,

I can't prove anything to you concerning the Word of God! It takes faith. You asked when Jesus would return.. even Jesus said that no man would know the day or hour. But when you read the scriptures He gives us signs that His coming is near. In fact, everything is set for the rapture of the church. Man wants proof... God wants faith.

The Bible puts it like this:

Hebrews 11:6 Without faith it is impossible to please God, for he who come to God must believe that He is and HE is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

So I can't prove anything to you. I can point to things in the Bible that lets us know that His coming is near. He could come back anytime!

Jul 20, 2007, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by METERRE
    There has been many things happening nowadays which are very similar to what the book of revelation states will happen prior to Jesus's coming. You might want to read some info about it.

We live in a universe, in which many books were written, many of the stories in these different books came to past... But if we keep it real, and recognize that, the particular book that you are suggesting for me to read, probably 9 times out of 10 what is written will come to past. My reason is, if I remember correctly there are christians who read this book and are doing things in life to make it come to past. Revelation= destruction

Jul 20, 2007, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tessy777
    Free,

i can't prove anything to you concerning the Word of God!! It takes faith. You asked when Jesus would return..even Jesus said that no man would know the day or hour. But when you read the scriptures He gives us signs that His coming is near. In fact, everything is set for the rapture of the church. Man wants proof...God wants faith.

the Bible puts it like this:

Hebrews 11:6 Without faith it is impossible to please God, for he who come to God must believe that He is and HE is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

so I can't prove anything to you. I can point to things in the Bible that lets us know that His coming is near. He could come back anytime!

Tessy I don't want to have faith and believe. Freethinka want to know. It is that much better knowing than believeng.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jul 20, 2007, 10:15 PM
    The arrival of Jesus was prophesied about centuries before it happened and all the prophetic details concerning his ministry and its purpose were fulfilled. Since all these prophecies concerning his first coming were minutely fulfilled, there is absolutely no basis to doubt that the prophecies concerning his second coming. In short, the fulfillment of the first guarantees the fulfillment of the second.

Can You Believe Bible Prophecy? > The Good News : July/August 2003

Excerpt

A scientist picked out 48 such prophecies and determined that the probability of one man randomly fulfilling them all is 1 in 10 to the exponent of 157. That is one followed by 157 zeros! Your chances of winning a typical lottery jackpot is about 1 in 108. (100,000,000) Yet, Jesus fulfilled all the prophecies!

I am God, and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done, saying, 'My counsel shall stand.. . '" (Isaiah 46:9-10).

Jul 20, 2007, 10:34 PM
    Starman; Freethinka isn't looking for exegesis!! I simply, want someone to come forth with truth. In a court of law. If you don't have no proof. You don't have a case...
    Or, in religion, the law is the exact opposite, is this where faith and belief come in.

Freethinka is tickled pink for your answers!
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Jul 20, 2007, 11:04 PM
    It suprises me that you have so much questions concerning God, yet when you get your answer you are still not satisfied, no one can point to something and says that is God, but by faith we believe in God, for without faith it is impossible to serve God. No one knows the exact the moment of the arrival of God but this is thb last age that we are living in called LAODICEA .

Jul 20, 2007, 11:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marily
    It suprises me that you have so much questions concerning God, yet when you get your answer you are still not satisfied, no one can point to some thing and says that is God, but by faith we believe in God, for without faith it is impossible to serve God. No one knows the exact the moment of the arrival of God but this is thb last age that we are living in called LAODICEA .
    Maril: With faith, you believe there is a god... Not to have faith and belief, and you know there is a god. Do you agree Maryl
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2007, 11:39 PM
    Islam and muslims also believe the return of Jesus (alaihi salaam)!!
    It is not only the Christians who believe this... just for your info!

He is not alive in this world but when he returns he will prove all the wrong that has been said about him all this time since he was take up to God.This is what muslims believe and it is faith that makes the difference and if you do not believe that's no problem with me cause that is your choice to make.. :)

Jul 20, 2007, 11:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Islam and muslims also believe the return of Jesus (alaihi salaam)!!!
    It is not only the Christians who believe this...just for your info!

He is not alive in this world but when he returns he will prove all the wrong that has been said about him all this time since he was take up to God.This is what muslims believe and it is faith that makes the difference and if you do not believe thats no problem with me cause that is your choice to make..:)

Firm believer do you think, if you know god, it would take the stress out being in such a precarious position, pray and believe, as if you are danging out of a window, of a sky scraper, on a thread
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2007, 12:51 AM
    Does jesus live? Show me proof.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How much longer before he come back,
    anyone know, let me know please...
    You ask four questions and one demand here: Does Jesus live? [If He does, then] Show me proof. How much loger before he come back? Anyone know? Let me know please[?]

Does Jesus live? Whether He does or not is a matter of faith. I believe that He does exist. But, does He live as humans do? No. One could say that He lives based upon a broad definition of the term "lives." I cannot prove it, except by the precepts of what I believe to be true in my heart because of the faith I have according to what I believe.

We live in a universe, in which many books were written, many of the stories in these different books came to past... But if we keep it real, and recognize that, the particular book that you are suggesting for me to read, probably 9 times out of 10 what is written will come to past. My reason is, if I remember correctly there are christians who read this book and are doing things in life to make it come to past. Revelation= destruction
    And so, it is foretold by the Book of Revelation as you agree in your statement above. You also would seem to agree with it by what you write. An example is below.

probably 9 times out of 10 what is written will come to past.
    Tessy I don't want to have faith and believe. Freethinka want to know. It is that much better knowing than believeng.
    If you want to know that something will come to pass and you think that "it is much better knowing than believeng" then one must presume that you also believe that it will come to pass because you believe it to be a fact that it will be so, without merely believing it to be so, but by knowing it to be a fact.

Marily: With faith, you believe there is a god... Not to have faith and belief, and you know there is a god. Do you agree Marily
    Not to have faith and believe, but know that there is a God, would also presume that you believe there to be a God because you know it.

I rarely get involved in the heated religious frays on this site because the people involved seem to go around in circles about "proving" their points, when it simply boils down to a matter of faith. It can't be proved. God doesn't ask us to understand everything, but just to have faith. You just have to have faith concerning things of the Bible, if you choose to do that. This is also true in many other religions. It is not an act of scientific reasoning concerning facts that moves a person to have faith in what will happen concerning the Christian beliefs, but faith in what the Holy Spirit does in working through every one of us. No one here can convert another person. That would be an act of God through the Holy Spirit based upon an act of faith of the person presenting the witness of the Gospel to the other person.

Starman; Freethinka isn't looking for exegesis!! I simply, want someone to come forth with truth. In a court of law. If you don't have no proof. You don't have a case... Or, in religion, the law is the exact opposite, is this where faith and belief come in.
    Yes, this is where faith and belief come in.

Truly, you present a dichotomy within yourself, because you indicate and imply that you know there is a God because you want to know when Jesus will return. You did not ask "I don't believe in God or Jesus. So, why would Christians believe that Jesus will return someday?" You presume that He will because you have not stated a disbelief in what Christians believe. Only that "How much longer before he come back, anyone know, let me know please..."

Freethinka is tickled pink for your answers!
    Answers have been given to you. And, they have been good ones.

Now, what exactly is your question? And, what is the point you are trying to make if you are asking questions and then asking more questions in return?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2007, 01:45 AM
    Freethinka, what you are doing here and in the majority of your other posts amounts to trolling in my book. I'm going to get an admin to have a long look at your posts and decide if you have a future on this site. If you want to stay then I suggest you stop challenging people's beliefs so vehemently and with so little respect, you do not have all the answers.

Jul 21, 2007, 04:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    Freethinka, what you are doing here and in the majority of your other posts amounts to trolling in my book. I'm going to get an admin to have a long look at your posts and decide if you have a future on this site. If you want to stay then I suggest you stop challenging people's beliefs so vehemently and with so little respect, you do not have all the answers.
    Sorrry Capuchin, Freethinka want to know? What book you are talking about? And which site Freethinka has been trolling? Honestly Capuchin could you tell me what book you are talking about?

All the questions I asked are relevant questions that I cannot seem to get answers for no matter where Freethinka turn, I was on line and this wonderful site popped up to my delight and now Freethinka is being accused of trolling. First I think freedom of thought shoud be understood. To have freedom of thought the views are endless.
    It deeply saddens me to (know) when one is on a search for real truth, to be accused of plagiarism, Freethinka is left speechless, but still bursting with thought, one must understand if you are real ,and true, real and true thoughts will come to you... I hope you see where my disapproval lie...

In other words we live in a universe, and so our thoughts are universal.

I would also like the administrator to get involved, so that your (belief) of me trolling your site. Will be finally proven fruitless.

Like I said in my opening remarks sorry, Freethinka would also like to have an apology, for your threats of disbarment of this wonderful site.

Enjoy this wonderful day Cupchin. I honestly mean it.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2007, 04:49 AM
    In my book is an idiom for "in my opinion"

You do not listen to the answers that people give you. You just keep asking more questions. That is what makes me think you are a troll.

Jul 21, 2007, 05:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    in my book is an idiom for "in my opinion"

you do not listen to the answers that people give you. You just keep asking more questions. That is what makes me think you are a troll.
    If christians have a right to believe in what isn't proven, and a right to continue to spread its doctrine, unproven 24-7... Who are you; to say I got My answers, and when I should be satisfied. You are you, and I am me, so how do you (know) my fulfillment, also I get a sense that that there is a big secret... That is guarded by asking questions is an offense.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Asking questions is not an offence. Asking questions with the sole purpose to get people riled up is an offence. That is what I think you are doing.
    self_lnflicted_hell Posts: 106, Reputation: 9

Jul 21, 2007, 05:44 AM
    I don't think that's what he's doing. He wants answers, no one can give him any straightforward, they just use the fact that they're believers and they have faith to answer his questions. In my opinion, he's trying to open up eyes, to see reality. There's a difference between the truth and just having faith.
    I use to be the same way, I could still be the same way, but I choose to hold my tongue and keep most of my questions to myself.
    Religion is a very serious topic. You either believe or you don't, there should be no happy medium.

Jul 21, 2007, 05:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by self_lnflicted_hell
    I don't think that's what he's doing. He wants answers, no one can give him any straightforward, they just use the fact that they're believers and they have faith to answer his questions. In my opinion, he's trying to open up eyes, to see reality. There's a difference between the truth and just having faith.
    I use to be the same way, I could still be the same way, but I choose to hold my tongue and keep most of my questions to myself.
    Religion is a very serious topic. You either believe or you don't, there should be no happy medium.
    Self_inflicted_hell , you are on the right track. The questions should be continued to be asked to unveil the beast...

This is getting scarey.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Late 80s/ Early 90s Live Action Children's Show [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a Late 80s/ Early 90s Live Action Children's Show. I could have been for all ages, but I remember it had American actors, but I watched it on a British children's channel. I took place in what looked like the future. It feature a brother and sister. The boy looked a lot like...

Will my dismissed case show up on LIVE SCAN? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an excellent job opportunity that has come up but requires LIVE SCAN and a background check. My concern is that I have a past conviction (theft) that was eventually expunged/dismissed by my lawyer and a plea of not guilty was entered. The expungement was granted by the court about 10 years...

Live with mom- want to live with dad across country [ 3 Answers ]

I live with my mom with my 3 siblings. She has full custody. My dad is getting married and moving to California. I want to go with him. He knows that and says its OK if my mom says its OK. If my mom says no, what happens? Do I go to court? Do I easily loose if I don't have a ligitiment reason to...

80's TV show with live action fairy tale characters [ 2 Answers ]

I remember and have been trying to find the name of an 80's TV show about a fairy tale princess trying to live in the 1980's she was snow white or a rip off snow white... it was very short lived and I believe it was on at night.

Wife works and live in nj, I live and work in ny [ 1 Answers ]

Due to my job in nyc, I have to maintain a residence nyc. I rent not own a house in nyc. My wife lives in a house with our kids in nj and also works there. How do we file for taxes.:confused:

View more questions Search