Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsb1426 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Old Kids movie 70s-80? Go Through Mirror
    I am trying to recall what this movie is called. It was about a toy girl or doll who would come through a little girls bedroom closet mirror. Then it's a fairytale world .There is also a witch or mean queen that has a strawberry tree that is like the tree of youth or beauty. I know she drops a cup of the strawberries and turns old and ugly. Please let me know any ideas. THANKS!
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 08:51 PM
    I can't be entirely certain, but you might be talking about an obscure flick called The Hugga Bunch Movie. Very few have heard of it.
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Jul 19, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Good lord. How many people are going to ask about this movie? I've never seen it, but give me a brief description of it and I can tell you exactly what it is based solely on the fact that someone asks about it every day.
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 10:34 PM
    Preach it, sister! I don't mean to make fun of the inquirers (too much). But between this site and my other favorite hangout (The Internet Movie Critic), this movie comes up again and again and again. Sometimes I think there's some kind of secret group that just posts this question repeatedly as part of a Lost-style psychological experiment.
    IsabellaSco Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2008, 11:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dsb1426
    I am trying to recall what this movie is called. It was about a toy girl or doll who would come thru a little girls bedroom closet mirror. Then it's a fairytale world .There is also a witch or mean queen that has a strawberry tree that is like the tree of youth or beauty. i know she drops a cup of the strawberries and turns old and ugly. Please let me know any ideas. THANKS!!
    Thank you so much! I have been racking my brain to figure this one out. I had this vague recolection of some girls and a tree and an evil queen lady who wants her youth back, etc. I just started typing in random searches and your question came up. Hugga Bunches was definitely it. Not some crap psych experiment! Just those of us trying to remember random crap from our childhoods.
    agmckelvey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 12:16 PM
    Thanks for the post... I've been trying to find this out to...
    sexyhockeygirl Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 03:25 AM
    LOL! I have to say thanks again for helping me remember this movie, I was DYING to find it as well, from my childhood, I loved it! But sorry to disappoint, I am not one of those supposed cult like group that is conducting strange experiments... just one of those silly sentimental girls trying to recall some silly memory of days much more simple... but again THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!! You rock!
    sunflowrz78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 11:17 PM
    Oh my god I've been looking for this for YEARS!! I always thought they went through the back of the closet or something, but when I read this I totally remembered the mirror! I used to rent it almost every time we went to the video store when I was little. Thanks so much for posting!
    Blue Angel Posts: 266, Reputation: 51

Apr 1, 2010, 09:19 AM

What really bugs me about this movie is that I clearly remember a cartoon version but I can't find a trace of it anywhere. My grandma used to rent it for me just about every weekend, it wasn't annoying like the live action one. I'm sorry but I just hate the little girl in the live action one. People tell me I'm mistaken and that there was no cartoon version but I've seen it so many times and I've noticed that other people remember the cartoon version as well. I think that the grandma actually went away in the end of it though, but it wasn't her family trying to push her out.
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Apr 1, 2010, 11:09 AM

Maybe you're looking for the Golden Book
    Version of the story

Golden Book Video Meet the Hugga Bunch:
    Hugs from the Heart
    Huggins and Kisses
    Hugs for Grandma

Apr 1, 2010, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by straydog View Post
    Maybe you're looking for the Golden Book
    version of the story

Golden Book Video Meet the Hugga Bunch:
    Hugs from the Heart
    Huggins and Kisses
    Hugs for Grandma
    I will look into those, thank you for your suggestions.
    cinluvdayv Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2010, 05:28 AM

I love that movie thanks to this site I have remebered what its called go hugga bunch how do you get a freakin copy though?!

Jun 2, 2010, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cinluvdayv View Post
    i luv that movie thanks to this site i have remebered wot its called go hugga bunch how do u get a freakin copy tho?!!
    You'll have to look for it used on VHS from sites like eBay or Amazon.
    melanella Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 08:23 PM
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

I have been looking for this movie for AGES. I watched it as a kid and I must say, it's haunted me since. It's a really weird movie (I just re-watched it thanks to the wonder of YouTube) and this question has been bothering me for an absurd number of years. Finally I can rest easy, knowing that I am not crazy and that I didn't make this bizarro film up!

Thanks so much!

Jul 15, 2012, 08:25 PM
    I found it online! http://www.moviesdatacenter.com/Movies/The-Hugga-Bunch-1985.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Angel View Post
    What really bugs me about this movie is that I clearly remember a cartoon version but I can't find a trace of it anywhere. My grandma used to rent it for me just about every weekend, it wasn't annoying like the live action one. I'm sorry but I just hate the little girl in the live action one. People tell me I'm mistaken and that there was no cartoon version but I've seen it so many times and I've noticed that other people remember the cartoon version as well. I think that the grandma actually went away in the end of it though, but it wasn't her family trying to push her out.

Jul 15, 2012, 08:26 PM
    I found it online! http://www.moviesdatacenter.com/Movies/The-Hugga-Bunch-1985.html

Quote Originally Posted by cinluvdayv View Post
    I love that movie thanks to this site I have remebered what its called go hugga bunch how do you get a freakin copy though?!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

90's cartoon movie where human souls turned into red semi-transparent birds [ 2 Answers ]

Sorry for my not so good english. Well I hope someone can help me. I, like many here , have a vague memory about a cartoon movie I watched when I was about 8 years old. It was 1994 I think or something like that. I don't remember the storyline, I just know that it was a love story, strange and sad,...

Help with late 70s early 80s kids movie [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there all was wondering if you could help me out with a title of a kids movie from the late 70s or early 80s. As far as I can remember its an animated movie (like plastacine) and its about time travel. I think there is a monkey in it as well as a boy and I do recall them going to medievil...

70s - 80s kids movie. Need a title! [ 1 Answers ]

I remember this movie we saw in the theatres, when I was a little kid. All I can remember is: there were three little kids... a boy and a girl, and another boy from the 'magical' land they were in... The first boy had like a magic sword and a cape that would make him invisible, and the boy...

Animated kids movie, late 70s or early 80s, underwater [ 2 Answers ]

Yet another vaguely remembered movie! I remember watching this movie when I was very young, and I'm fairly certain of the dates in the title. I don't really remember much about plot, characters, etc. except that what little I do remember all took place underwater. I think the main character...

View more questions Search