Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DustinBH Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2005, 11:16 AM
    Carpet spots
    Lately our carpet has developed these spots about dime sized all over the living room. We thought they were spills from our 1 yr old but they keep multiplying without cause. We think it might be mold but we are not sure. Has anyone seen this and what should we do? We are putting in laminate flooring in October so if we need to replace could it wait until then or do we need to do it ASAP? Thanks!
    0pera Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2005, 08:49 PM
    I have no idea what that could be, but I have a good idea you should not allow your baby to crawl on that carpet.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2005, 10:18 AM
    What do the spots look like? Darkened? Pale? Are they embedded in carpet or is it more "dusty", where running your hands over spreads it out?

I can tell you w my 1.5 y old the cream carpet has taken a BEATING. We had it cleaned last year and will need to again this year.
    JCH Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2005, 07:57 AM
    Carpet spots
    Dustin, is there a crawl space, full basement or any at all?
    Is your carpet damp? The problem should obviously be rectified before installing laminate. Lift carpet and see what's underneath problem may be bigger than just spots.
    Good luck
    DustinBH Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2005, 08:40 PM
    They are dark and they cannot be spread by hand. When we pullup the flooring we will see what is under it then take the appropriate action. I was told that if it is mold then when we pull up the carpet and pad we should rectify the problen since it is a concrete slab with no basement. But like I said we will look again when we pull it up. Thanks for the help. BTW the carpet is not damp anywhere I can see.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove taffy from carpet [ 1 Answers ]

Any hints out there on how to remove taffy that has been melted into carpet? Is using ice to freeze and break it out the best way or is there something else?

Carpet marks [ 1 Answers ]

Can some tell me how to get rid of carpet lines left by heavy furniture? I moved stuff around, but I have these marks that do not look good. Any help would be appreciated

Squeaking Floors under Carpet [ 1 Answers ]

My floors (2nd) floor)are squeaking under the carpet, I'd rather not pull up the carpet to fix. What can I do. It's very annoying

New carpet [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had new carpet installed in my home and each time I vacuum it, the vacuum leaves fuz on the carpet. Is this normal for new carpet or is it a problem with my vacuum, which is also new. We have low pile carpet and the vacuum is set on medium height.

View more questions Search