Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thomas336 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Is a break good?
    I was seeing someone for the last 9 months or so and 2 weeks a go she said she wanted to see other people and can't commit and needs time & space. As difficult as it is, I try to leave her alone, but I did talk to her yesterday and she said we needed to take a break from each other.

Do you think a break is a good thing??
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 12, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Yes it is, but she wants to explore, and be free to do so. I advise you do the same, and accept being broken up, and free to explore yourself. The worst thing you could do is expect her back anytime soon.
    vball43 Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Jul 12, 2007, 07:42 AM
    I don't think so. It normally just means she's "break"ing up with you. Sorry.
    Sdjosh Posts: 215, Reputation: 41

Jul 12, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Breakups are usually just that. You are no longer committed. Im guessing that you both are at a young age. If this is the case, you both still have many things to explore and she may not want to be in a committed relationship that keeps her from experiencing new things in life.

Best thing you can do is what Talaniman said. Explore yourself. Do the same thing she is doing... living.
    UnwantedHero Posts: 99, Reputation: 8

Jul 12, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Yes and no.Breaks 99% means I'm bored with you or I'm not ready to commit,I want to explore my options a little better... But it doesn't always mean its for good my parents took a break for a year and then got back together and now there marriage is the best its been in 10 years.Point is though even if there's the slightest chance of getting back together don't expect it and don't live on the hope that she will one day turn up at your doorstep and say I want you back,will you forgive me?because chances are she's moving on if she hasn't already and you should take the hint and do the same thing.
    UnwantedHero Posts: 99, Reputation: 8

Jul 12, 2007, 11:07 AM
    No waiting isn't the answer after all my parents were the 1% of people who were lucky but they were married for 7 years before that it wasn't just a small time fling.There were also a lot of other things to consider for them finances,children etc.point is that you shouldn't wait because chances are if you wait you will just be forgotton but they won't.Your the one who will lose not them.
    aanthonyy Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Jul 16, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Good or bad it is what she wants so I would respect her decision and look forward.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend and I are on a Break (good story) [ 5 Answers ]

All right so this is a long story and I am sorry but I really need to just get it out and talk to some people who went through the same thing. So, there are my friends Ryan, Cheryl, Taylor, Andrew, Girlfriend Laura, and myself. We have been dating for quite some time and I am incredibly crazy in...

Break up? [ 3 Answers ]

so I've been dating this girl now for about... ehhh roughly 7 months. Im the type of person that has difficulty dating girls who have done things with other guys. I usually believe in having sex after marriage, but I myself made a mistake with my first girlfriend and my only girlfriend before this....

She wants a break [ 17 Answers ]

Two weeks ago, my GF of 18 months decided she needed a "break". I want to state that she is a very busy girl: 2 jobs, one 4 year old daughter, and a full time school schedule for the next three years (including summers) and our relationship was long distance (she lives in my hometown and I live an...

Break Even [ 2 Answers ]

I know how to compute BE in dollars and in units. But I have a peculiar question that I just cannot grasp what to do. It's giving me a fixed cost, a contribution margin ratio in %, and sales price; and it wants me to compute break-even point in units. I'm kind of confused because I would think...

View more questions Search