Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sandi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2005, 12:12 PM
    Cat Litter Problems
    Our cat is almost 14 years old and has always been an inside/outside cat. We recently moved to a house where he cannot be outside due to the community covenants. He does not even seem to want to go outside so we thought he was okay with the change.

However, in the last month, about three times, it appears that he has started to just go to the bathroom wherever he is and then gets to the littler box to finish. This does not appear to be happening when he urinates, only when he has a bowel movement.

It is really causing problems for us because he has always been neat about these things, but mostly went outside and not in a littler box.

I change the box every day and it is always in the same location. Is this happening because of the change to the new house or could it be his age? I do notice that when he uses the litter box, he does not ever cover it up. He goes and gets out right away.

Thank you for any feedback.
    erichss Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2005, 09:55 PM
    It might be due to the change, but I would still take him to the vet.
    Because he finishes in the litter box, he may be having trouble controlling his bowl movements.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat and her litter box [ 10 Answers ]

I have two cats (a male and a female). My female cat uses the litter box, then instead of covering her urine or poop, she just walks away. A minute or so later, my male cat will go into the litter box and cover it up for her. I have never seen this behavior before and I am wondering why she...

Cat Goes Outside Litter Box [ 20 Answers ]

We have 4 cats! Only one of them, either goes Poop in the Litter Box and does not cover it up or drops the Poop on the floor just next to the Litter Box. It is a neutered 3 yr. old male. Any suggestions of how to correct this problem?

Oh my cat won't use the litter box [ 1 Answers ]

My male cat is about 1 year and in my old place he went to the litter box and then he became a full time outdoor cat and just came in at night to sleep and eat but never used the litter bow now I have moved out into a new place and I don’t want him to run away but he will not use the litter bow he...

Cat litter and cleaning [ 3 Answers ]

Hi just want o no what type of litter do you use for your can't and how do you clean if after its dirty, like do you put in the garden or the bin?

Help! My cat just had her first litter of kittens... [ 1 Answers ]

My charteux is about 3 or 4, and she had her first litter of 5 kittens in the early am Tuesday.1 kitten died. But the other 4 are fine. Was wondering if the kitten escapes there spot where she has them is it OK to pick them up and put them back where they were? And also how do I know if they are...

View more questions Search