Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vball43 Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Jul 10, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Dads 12 step program.
    Ok my dad wants to meet me as part of some 12 step program for like recovering alcoholics so I just wanted to know what step is apologizing to the ones you've hurt?
    EllieBrown Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Step 8: Made a list of all persons we had hardmed, and became willing to make amends to them all
    Step 9: Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

Those are from ABA not AA but the same thing really
    MayfairLady Posts: 147, Reputation: 23

Jul 10, 2007, 06:45 PM
    That is step 9, I know it sounds obvious but try not to think too far ahead, start at step one admitting you have a problem, that is, if you are an alcoholic. Take heart, the steps work if you are!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 10, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vball43
    Ok my dad wants to meet me as part of some 12 step program for like recovering alcoholics so i just wanted to know wat step is apologizing to the ones you've hurt?

It sounds like you are holding on to a lot of anger because of the harm or at least the believed hard your father did. In the end he is trying to find peace with hisself, He has come to understand what he did was wrong and is coming to grips with that.

Now you will have to come to grips with the fact it can not be redid, no saying I am sorry is going to fix or change anything. But we can learn to change and grow from this choice.

Jul 10, 2007, 07:02 PM
    My dads in the program not me just to let everyone know lol
    MayfairLady Posts: 147, Reputation: 23

Jul 10, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Oh rite!! Sorry got wrong end of the stick! Lol Ah... he wants to meet with you to make amends for the past. All the best.

Jul 11, 2007, 04:48 AM
    Thanks
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2007, 04:50 AM
    Good luck! I'm good to see people helping themselves. I hope that this makes both your lives better for the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my dads house haunted? [ 4 Answers ]

OK. So here's the thing I live with my mom but I live with my dad every other weekend. Well my dad moved into this old old old old old victorian house and this is kind of weird and stuff but I think its haunted! Me and my 5 year old sister have separate rooms for personal reasons but she will come...

Step by step needed to become and operate as a Talent Agent [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I am interested in operating a Talent agency of my own, and would appreciate any information on where to begin the process. I know I need to get licensed and a surety bond in the amount of $50,000 according to the new standards, but I need to know where to go to get the application for...

Dads looking for me [ 2 Answers ]

My dad's wants visitation rights after 12 years. Should I be excited or mad?

How to partition a hard drive step by step? [ 2 Answers ]

Downloaded a program and it formatted my hard drive. Have a 20 gig hard drive after it done this, it now reads 12 gig Can anybody help get the 20 gig back Need steps to clear this up, I don't know anything about hard drives. I'm running Xp Home on HP. Pavilion. Help

How can I claim my dads ashes? [ 1 Answers ]

My dad was cremated 8 yrs ago, my sister signed the forms and the ashes are still at the funeral parlour. My sisters do not want them nor do they wish for me to have them as we haven't spoken for some time. The funeral parlour won't issue them to me without a court order/solicitors letter or...

View more questions Search