Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reedyfresh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 04:38 PM
    What's a good reason to get an ear piercing?
    My mom says the only way I can get a piercing is that I can give her a good answer. Im 14 and can't get a piercing. What's a good answer?
    vball43 Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Jul 10, 2007, 04:41 PM
    To show you have style and your not afraid to show it
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 04:46 PM
    It's just a great way to express yourself and gives you more ways to add more accessories to your outfits. Ear piercings aren't that bad and actually look very pretty and classy... not trashy! It's a great way to feel more feminine and enter into womanhood!
    Lolitah_xx Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Wow that's said I feel badd for you! I have 15 and I got NINE piercings lol well anyway just tell her that you like wearing jewelry and you want to wear earrings and tell her that there's nuthin wrong with piercings.. just don't tell her that its because everyone else got 1 or then she won't let you get it lol and if she still don't let you get it pierced just go to claire's or icing and get the clip on earrings
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Clip-ons can hurt after a while...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 10, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Tell her that it is a way for you to learn responsibility. You must be responsible in cleaning and taking care of your ears so as not to get an infection. RESPONSIBILITY.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by reedyfresh
    My mom says the only way i can get a piercing is that i can give her a good answer. Im 14 and can't get a piercing. Whats a good answer?

It depends. What kind of an ear piercing do you want? Lobes, cartilage, industrial, orbital, spiral? :)
    bigdreamer85 Posts: 44, Reputation: 5

Jul 11, 2007, 06:32 AM
    Because your 14. Tell your mom your not a little girl anymore, you're a teenager. Ask her to give you a good reason why you can't have them pierced. You're a girl and there are some cool earrings out there and it's not like your asking to get your belly button pierced. It's your ears and it's not like boys are going to be all over you just because you have your ears pierced just like everyone else your age. Just make sure your ready because there is pain involved and you will have to clean them and keep the same earrings they pierce with in for awhile...
    Kitschxbang Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2007, 04:54 AM
    If you can't think of a reason why you want this, I'm not sure its such a good idea, but that's based on that quote "what's a good reason?" alone. Ear piercings really aren't that bad, but it does depend on what sort of ear piercing you mean as there are many different areas of the ear you can get pierced.
    :)
    AnsleyB Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by reedyfresh
    My mom says the only way i can get a piercing is that i can give her a good answer. Im 14 and can't get a piercing. Whats a good answer?
    Really, there aren't any reasons that sound legit. To parents when it comes to body art. The true reason for anyone really is personal expression. All I can say is to try to explain to your mom that you want to do something (and really, a piercing is nothing compared to some of the other things you could ask to get done) that will make you more unique; tell her that you want something small that will make you stand out. I know you've most likely taken a shot at the "I want to be different" argue, but if she can understand that your doing this for yourself (and that this isn't the latest trend), maybe she will be more understanding.
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Aug 3, 2007, 02:52 PM
    POSTIVE: to explore, hαve fun, test your pαin tolerαnce, show your style, look αrtsy, αdd some flαre to your fαce/body--etc.

NEGATIVE [not reccomendαble]: piss off your pαrents, join α circus, try to fit in the crowd.. etc <-- if these αre αny your intentions.. don't do it :)
    SpawnOfAzazel Posts: 106, Reputation: 18

Aug 3, 2007, 02:59 PM
    You don't need a reason. Just start wearing those big, ugly, old lady clip-ons every time you go out with her. She'll get the hint.

Just kidding.

Just tell her that you want to look nice and feel pretty. How can she object to that?
    JollyPop Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2012, 01:52 PM
    Well Your 14.. Wow.. Im 13 & I Need A Reason For A MonRoe.. Here's My Reasons.. U Want To Stand Out And Express Yourself And It Will Teach U Responsibility..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Industrial Ear Piercing [ 22 Answers ]

Ok I got my industrial done about 4 days ago. After the guy pierced it he sent me on my merry way and didn't give me any aftercare instructions. Can someone who has had this done and it has healed nicely for them give me some advice? Also, on an average how long does it take this piercing to...

Ear popped and now I can't hear out of my ear at all [ 7 Answers ]

I was wresteling with my kids and husband and we fell to the ground and I popped my ear pretty good and it started hurting went to the beach and got some salt water in my left ear and it was pretty excruating I had to get out of the ocean I went to sleep and when I woke up I couldn't hear out of my...

What's all these noises in my head/ear! [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a 15 year old girl and recently I have noticed that when I am in bed and everything is silent I can hear like everything inside my head like buzzing I can't really explain put it really frustrates me and I'm really scared about it? Do you no what it could be? Do you get it ? Please write back...

Reason vs. Emotion [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question for y'all. When you're dealing with the opposite sex, do you listen primarily to reason or your emotions? This can be anytime you're making any sort of decision: whether you'd make a good match, interpreting their actions towards you, anything. And if you care to...

What's his and what's mine. [ 13 Answers ]

I have been a stay at home mom for 4 1\2 years, and I just reciently started a new career. I am seriously thinking about leaving my husband. We have three kids, a house, a car, and other debts. I am not spitefull, or mean, and I'm not a babymama drama kind of person. How do you go about what is...

View more questions Search