Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SilverSong86 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 8, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Can I get away with a shorter cut?
    Hello,
    I've been going through some emotional stuff lately and have been giving myself an internal makeover. The thing is that now that I've made these changes, I'm ready for an external one as well. I've had long hair the majority of my life, and I'd really like a shorter cut for a change. The thing is that my face is rather round. I have a high forehead, very wavy thick (amount wise) hair, though the strands themselves are thin. I need to be able to pull it back because I do martial arts and am studying archaeology, but something less maintenance would be lovely. I straighten it on occasion, but generally leave it natural with styling product to reduce frizz. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    vball43 Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Jul 8, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Get some bangs as in the ones that come straight across your forehead. Get about a shoulder length cut. Im pretty sure that will look adorable on u. From the sound of it Im pretty sure it WILL suit u. You don't have 2 go by me though.
    Pook_Myster Posts: 117, Reputation: 38

Jul 8, 2007, 07:03 PM
    I would suggest not going for a drastic approach straight up... go for a shoulder length cut, maybe play with some colour instead of drastic style, and with the shoulder cut you can still pull it back for your martial arts and studies... also, invest in some nice head bands or scarfs to keep it off your face and then just tie it in a pony tail when you need to.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 8, 2007, 07:38 PM
    If you have a round face you would look good with a short hair cut. But don't go too short, get a hair cut that falls below your chin. If you want your face to look slimmer, I recommend getting a wispy cut or have some layers in your hair. You should consult with your stylist. He/she may be able to help you a create a style that will look best for your face and hair type. Good luck.
    SilverSong86 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 10, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Thank you guys very much. I did shoulder length with it angled in the front. It turned out very cute and I can wear it natural without having to use an entire container of gel/mouse. Lol. Plus I can still pull it back. ANyway, thank you guys for your input. It's amazing what a new hairstyle can do.
    ally123 Posts: 57, Reputation: 5

Jul 11, 2007, 02:00 AM
    well im glad you like it!
    HELP101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 11:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSong86
    Hello,
    I've been going through some emotional stuff lately and have been giving myself an internal makeover. The thing is that now that I've made these changes, I'm ready for an external one as well. I've had long hair the majority of my life, and I'd really like a shorter cut for a change. The thing is that my face is rather round. I have a high forehead, very wavy thick (amount wise) hair, though the strands themselves are thin. I need to be able to pull it back because I do martial arts and am studying archaeology, but something less maintenance would be lovely. I straighten it on occasion, but generally leave it natural with styling product to reduce frizz. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    Sure I think uu can pass with a shorter cut but I think that you should straighten it more then a little

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cut her loose or cut her slackj [ 3 Answers ]

Dude, this sounds bad, but my friend is hott(not in a lesbo way), and she is friends with all the guys. But whenever she tries to help out a friend, they always endup liking her! It really ticks me off because all the guys love her and I really don't need her taking the only guy I got! She always...

Can I put shorter blades on my ceiling fan? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an odd shaped nook in my kitchen that needs a ceiling fan. I currently have a light fixture there, so I'll need a fan with at least 3 lights. It's a smaller area, so I can't have a fan more than 36" wide. Unfortunately that doesn't leave me with many options out there. Fans that small...

To cut or not to cut... [ 4 Answers ]

Well, I thought I was doing good without having to disturb my existing toilet flange during my current basement remodel job, but then I decided to go with this new Dricore subfloor system, which means raising the flange. When I went to remove the old flange one of the three bolts securing it to the...

View more questions Search