Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rlwolfe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2007, 10:18 PM
    Air in house water line, city water
    About midnight, I turned on the upstairs water and air came out with smelly black stuff. It instantly bled the line and flushed the black stuff out. The upstairs toliets also had trapped air that bled out. Is this a problem with my house system or is it from the city water supply? Also, is the water safe to drink?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2007, 07:27 AM
    I am not a plumber, but would think with water pressure, hard to get air in system, I would bet water was shut off during night and repair made, ask you neighbors if similar happened to them on that day.
    I wouldn't drink. They give us warnings about contaminated water, after a repair, sometimes 2 days after the fact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water line replacement = entire house low water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a water line break in my front yard. The city replaced the line but ever since (immediately following the water being turned back on) the water pressure has been significantly lower throughout the house in both the hot and cold. I checked and the valve is completely open so I am...

Air in water line? [ 1 Answers ]

We are experiencing a very LOUD noise when the hot water is turned on in the downstairs 1/2 bathroom sink. The noise sounds like it's vibrating the whole house. This only occurs in this bathroom... no other sink nor any bathtub... nor outside faucet. We are on city water. The faucet is one of...

Air in water line? [ 12 Answers ]

After having our gas hot water tank replaced, when we turn off the water it makes a lilttle banging noise, is there air in line, and how to drain air from line? Thanks, mh

Air in water line. [ 4 Answers ]

On a daily basis I experience a burst of air and water from my faucets, sinks, shower etc. The burst last for a couple of seconds, then the water flows normally. I have heard that having a water softner could cause this problem. I have a water softner. What can I do to determine if the softner...

Air in water line [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to remove air from a water line from a reservoir to the house.

View more questions Search