Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canadianhotbox Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2007, 02:17 AM
    Lime wire won't work
    I can not get limewire to work right. It seems to say behind a firewall when I know that it is checked off the accetion lists, it comes back saying it all was needs more sources. What can I do to get it working right Thanks.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Do you have the free version? If so, it never works right. In my opinion it is a piece of crap, and if you want speedy and good quality downloads, pay for them :)
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 7, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Personally, I don't think it matters which version. I started with the free one and was so impressed over all the others I've tried, I stepped up to tie Pro (less than $20) and it doesn't need updated.

As for the "more sources" issue, that's probably due to simply not enough people online with LimeWire have what you are looking for. Have you noted the number of sources list?

Feel free to private message me if you'd like some help. I really like my LimeWire. I have found some very rare music there.
    dan261291 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 04:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    Personally, I don't think it matters which version. I started out with the free one and was so impressed over all the others I've tried, I stepped up to tie Pro (less than $20) and it doesn't need updated.

As for the "more sources" issue, that's probably due to simply not enough people online with LimeWire have what you are looking for. Have you noted the number of sources list?

Feel free to private message me if you'd like some help. I really like my LimeWire. I have found some very rare music there.
    I agree with Captain Rich.
    If I am ever having trouble with Lime Wire here's what I normally do.

1. Make sure you are connected (file connect)
    2. To rule out your firewall try disabling it temporarily (obviously re enable it after)#
    3. Search for a common song that has lots of search results and hits to make sure it's not just the song your searching for not having enough people online sharing it.

Good luck, and have fun with LimeWire. :)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2007, 04:42 AM
    If you're illegally downloading copyrighted material for free, then you have no right to complain about the speed or connection stability. Sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Speakers won't work [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I installed windows xp home edition and ever since my speakers won't work but they are not broke. When I go into sounds and audio devices it says no audio device installed, help:(

Speakers won't work! [ 9 Answers ]

I have just recently fixed my computer from a bug called isass.exe system error. In order to fix my computer I had to insert a recovery disc deleting everything from my computer. There was a weird thing on it I deleted the bug but I still had all my programs when I came to watch something on my...

It won't work [ 2 Answers ]

My mp3 player uses napster and you hook it up and when I try to download it says no device detected Whys that

How is the quality of Lime-wire ? [ 5 Answers ]

I have an entire list of free download sites, what's the word on Lime-wire ? stillmind

Should I buy a wire brush for Car Rust work? [ 2 Answers ]

Someone told me that I should get a wire brush to remove the rust on my car to get it ready for rust stop, body filler etc... any of your opinions would be appreciated, as usual?! THANKS.:confused:

View more questions Search