Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rogan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2005, 01:02 PM
    Gagging/phlegm
    My 13 month old NSDT Retriever was gagging up phlegm (not his food) throughout the night (Saturday). We are at the lake and do not have close access to a vet. I carefully felt down his throat to see if anything was/is stuck and could not feel anything but he did have a lot more plegm in his throat than our 2 1/2 year old. He has a great appetite (as usual) and his food is not being regurgitated - just phlegm when anything comes out. Don't know if it was just a bug he picked up. He was eating grass on his walks (as does the older dog) and yet I have never heard such frequent raspy gagging sounds as this. He is improving and it is now only happening when he has been sleeping and first getting up or when he is running around a lot. As I am a worrier I was wondering if this is something that has been experienced by anyone else.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2005, 03:25 PM
    I am glad he seems to be doing a little better. Chances are, it is something he will get over. If not, maybe call the vet tomorrow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog gagging/renching [ 2 Answers ]

I hope someone can help. My dog is a Kuvasz and he's 11 years old. Just recently he's been making a gagging/renching noise once he finishes taking a drink of water. I brought him to my Vet. And the Doctor felt that because he was getting older his mucus ("like older people mucus" quoted by the...

View more questions Search