Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2007, 02:57 PM
    How Do you have a baby?
    Hey!

I have 2 friends of mine who are trying to get pregnant and asking me about this, which I have no clue considering I haven't had any kids...

They want to know how they go about it. Sex, but is there a special time to do it, is there such thing as having too much sex when trying to get pregnant?

Also one of the girls has just recently gotten off birth control... she has been on it for a year. Is it going to take longer or will it have any effect at all?

Thanks guys! Hope your having a great day!
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 03:02 PM
    They need to time their cycles. I recommend getting a ovulation calender. The chance of conception is greatest at the point of ovulation. Which is typically 14 days past the 1st day of their last period. Sex every other day is recommended to store up sperm.

It can take healthy couples up to a year to conceive on average. Coming off Birth control can make that a little longer depending on what they took.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 03:28 PM
    They need to time sex around ovulation; having sex a few days before ovulation and the day of ovulation will increase the chances of pregnancy. I have found that ovulation predictor kits work pretty well along with charting cervical mucus. Around ovulation the cervical mucus will become an "egg white" consistency. Some women can conceive right after they come off birth control and for others it takes longer. If she is having regular cycles then she is probably ready to conceive although most doctors will recommend that you wait at least 3 months after quitting because before Trying to conceive.
    Pupper_pooper Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2007, 05:40 PM
    If you take your waking temperature every morning you tend to get a consistent temp. Just before you ovulate your temp will jump up but only 4/10ths of a degree that is when the love making needs to happen. Yes the mucus is also another great way to know when you are ovulating, so just practice, practice, practice. And good luck to you... I mean your friends.
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jul 5, 2007, 06:59 PM
    First, tell you friends to just relax. A lot of times when you beginning stressing about trying to get pregnant and trying to time everything just right you stop enjoying sex and become too stressed to conceive. Yes, the best time to conceive is around the time you are ovulating, which is usually around 14 days after the first day of your period. Tell your friends to simply relax, enjoy sex, and try to have sex every other day especially around the time they are ovulating.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can the father on my baby see him if my mom won't let him [ 7 Answers ]

My mom dose not like my boyfriend and I'm having a kid with him can she keep him fron seeing me and our baby? :( :( :(

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

I want a baby [ 5 Answers ]

HEIP ME! I'm 22 and with my boyfriend who is 23 for over a year we are both madly in love. I can't stop thinking about having a baby I really want one. It makes me sad to know I'm not pregnant. My boyfriend and me both want a big family and I want to start now but my boyfriend thinks we should...

View more questions Search