Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chenliu_888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 02:04 PM
    How to remove a slip-on Delta bath tub spout
    The house is 16 years old. The bath tub spout has no identification on it, but it says "Delta Monitor" on the Temperature Control knob. The problem is that the water just flows to the tub and won't go up to the showerhead. I am trying to rePlcace the tub spout. It looks like a slip on type. I have removed the set screw from underneath of the rear (close to the wall), but I cannot pull out the spout. How much force is needed to pull it out? I am afraid of damaging other things if I just use brutal force to pull it. Is there any other way to get the spout off?

Chen
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 5, 2007, 08:06 PM
    16 years of junk can build up so you may need more force than you think. Try giving it s low twist as you pull. The shower problem may be in your mixer and not the diverter spout.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bath tub spout [ 23 Answers ]

I replaced my bath faucet and now am struggling (to say the least) to get the tub spout to not leak. It is a brand new spout that come with the faucet. A delta faucet. I cannot get the spout to not leak. I did the directions to a T and for whatever reason the spout keeps leaking through the...

Can't remove old tub spout [ 4 Answers ]

My shower dribbles and has no pressure. I know I need to replace the tub spout, I bought a universal, but, I can't et the old one loose! Any suggestions? Thank you!

Bath tub spout, diverter replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to replace the diverter or spout in my bath tub. The original is the slip on type with a hex screw at the back. The new one is threaded, is there an adapter I can use to make it work ?

Leak at Bath Tub Spout [ 4 Answers ]

We remodeled our bathroom a ways back. All new plumbing. My wife noticed a couple of months later, that we had a leak. The bathroom is exposed to the basement which is good. I could see the leak was coming from the kohler twin ell. The twin ell has a 1/2 inch pipe coming out of it to the bath...

Bath Tub spout [ 1 Answers ]

May sound simple to most of you but I'm having a hell of a time with this. The diverter on the bath tub spout lets half the water drian out of the spout and the other half comes out of the shower, I removed the spout and went to Lowe's home depot etc and they don't have one remotely close to this...

View more questions Search