Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abcs Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2005, 10:57 AM
    6wk old puppy has touch of diarrhea
    One of my two puppies has a touch of diarrhea. They were playing together in their puppy playpen when I turned and saw that one of them (I'm not sure which one) had had a normal BM on the puppy pad. After I cleaned it up, my little dog, Abs, squatted and pooped out a tiny amount of loose stool, normal in color. Fearing that there might be more to come, I took both dogs outside, where the other one, Mat, had a normal BM. This leads me to believe that it was Abs who had the normal BM indoors on the puppy pad, right before she had the loose stool.

They played normally outside for about ten minutes. I then fed them both lunch, hoping to get Abs to poop again so I could see if she would have a firm or loose stool. However, she has already had two BMs today and has never had more than three, so it might be a while before I find out.

Could a change in diet have caused this? The person I got the puppies from was feeding them generic food. She had given us a baggie of it to feed them for our trial run. When we decided to keep them, we bought them a bag of Science Diet. We did crossover their food for a day (Tuesday) but then we ran out of the generic. Since they seemed to like the Science Diet, I didn't bother buying more generic to mix in with it. Today is the third day they've had only the new food; could her diarrhea be a reaction to that or would any reaction have already occurred?

Thanks.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2005, 11:53 AM
    If it wasn't Friday, I might say wait, but you don't want it taking a turn for the worst over the 3 day holiday. At least call the vet. A parvo shot 2 days ago is not good enough to protect the puppy now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Toe touch [ 10 Answers ]

?? I need a lot of help to get my toe touch higher and more straight? Can some one please help me know? I want to make it on the high school team!

Refrigerator Frame HOT to the Touch! [ 1 Answers ]

I copy and pasted the post below because I am having the same problem, however I had a serviceman check it and the first time the fan had gotten disconnected during installation, that was fixed. I have moved out of the house and rented it to my daughter and she is now having the same problem. I...

Dog pees when you touch him. [ 4 Answers ]

5 yr.old NUETERED MALE rescue POM pees when you touch or even get close reaching to pick him up. We've had him for almost 3 months. He's friendly, but nervous and a bit shy. We suspect he might have been ABUSED. I will try everything I can 'cause we really like him, but if this persists we will...

Why does he touch his self all the time [ 14 Answers ]

A guy I work with always touches his crotch , every time I talk to him And want to why ? Does he fancy me ? Does he think about me sexual ? Has he got crabs ? I love to know... without asking him!

An Ex back in touch! [ 23 Answers ]

I was seeing a guy last year on and off for about 7 months. His name is Marc and I have known him since I was 11yrs old. We went to school together and used to hang out a lot as we were good friends. When we were seeing each other I found out he had many other girls on the go, so when he went...

View more questions Search