Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 07:50 PM
    Foreign check
    Receiveing a check from overseas, the amount not always equal to the amount due because of the exchange rate, how can I count for the difference in the book.
    bhet Posts: 77, Reputation: 9

Jul 4, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Yes the rate would always affect the amount.

The difference would be accounted for as gain/loss on foreign currency translation.

If the current amt is higher than what is recorded, then it would be a gain. If it is lower, then a loss would be recorded on the date of exchange.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marrying a foreign [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm couirse about marrying someone from South America, since I'm a U.S. citizen. If I marry a South America, she becomes a citizen and can come home with me?

Foreign currency [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get a small amount of Italian currency for a gift in Denver,CO

Foreign Currency [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone happen to know what 24,71 € is in US money? I want to order something online but, I don't understand if it doesn't read in $ thank you. :)

Foreign exchange [ 2 Answers ]

I will travel to Europe this May and I need to buy Euros. What is cheaper to buy them here in USA or get them in Europe using my Wellsfargo card? Also what is the difference in price using today as a reference? Thanks in addance, Astrid :confused:

Foreign accounts [ 1 Answers ]

I do not understand the purpose of form 90-22.1 (foreign accounts). It says to report foreign accounts if their aggregate value is >$10,000 .( I have a GC, so I have to report my worldwide income ). But, in Schedule B for form 1040, one just mentions " yes, I do have a foreign bank account in a...

View more questions Search