Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    siselrosha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Toilet bowl inside small hole/crack repair?
    Something must have fallen into the toilet bowl - there is a very small crack/hole that doesn't seem to be letting water out as the water level stays the same - but - I really want to put something over it to seal it. Is there an epoxy or sealant I can use to seal this - I rent the apartment and can't afford to replace the bowl. My landlord will have a fit and make me pay which I can't do just now - please help me figure out how to fix this without replacing the bowl.

Thanks
    Shelley
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 04:11 PM
    There use to be a product on the market sold at marine stores called Aquatapoxy which was a two part system and I had good luck with it for some applications involving underwater care, etc. It may work for you as a quick fix. Google the name and see what you find and where to buy.
    adpolymers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 07:42 AM
    Yes epoxy will work. I have a product that is used to seal swimming pools. It is made to work under water and still set up. To fix it you will have to take a little sand paper to and around the crack before applying. You could actually go to hardware store and get some clear epoxy to use. Hey have smaller amounts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corian countertop crack repair [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, Would anyone know where I can get a Corian repair kit and instructions on how to repair the crack in my counter? I would like to repair it myself. Thank you.

Small crack in toilet tank-- any sealant/caulk ? [ 1 Answers ]

That will fix? Don't want to replace whole tank ! -- crack below waterline -- any help appreciated

Drywall Hole Repair [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: Help- I have repaired holes in drywall before. This one puzzles me. I wanted some advice before I attempted to fix it. We were trying to put up a decorative shelf. We have it perfectly measured and need to place the shelf at a certain place in the room. The shelf kit came with a...

Solid Countertop (Corian or Similar) Crack Repair [ 3 Answers ]

Someone in our home cut directly on our countertop, then later I stood on the countertop near the cut, and I believe the cut mark then acted like a score mark on glass and the counter broke or cracked all the way through. The 1/2 inch solid material. The countertop is made of a solid material...

Toilet Bowl Drain Hole [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing the toilet in a bathromm that was an add-on to our house. When it was originally installed by the previous owner, apparently the drain hole in the floor is about 1/2" - 3/4" too close to the wall. My understanding is that to the center of the drain hole, the distance should be 12". ...

View more questions Search