Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bob1122 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 12:18 AM
    I'm connected to a wireless network but I can't view the web.
    Hi there.I'm trying to connect to an open network called "lynksys".My PC connects without a problem,and I'm getting an excellent signal,but I can't view any web pages,I just go to a page that says "The Page Cannot Be Displayed".Any ideas on what I can try?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 3, 2007, 12:31 AM
    Is this your router, as it sounds like there maybe some security getting in your way.
    Bob1122 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 12:37 AM
    No,its an AP.So,its not my router,I was thinking it might be MAC filtering,but I'm both sending and receiving packets.
    wickedimp Posts: 57, Reputation: 14

Jul 3, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Make sure you have set the "gateway" to be your internal ip address of your router. Also test to see if your security is getting in the way by switching off your firewalling on the router completely and testing. Should yield some results that you can remedy quickly.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Check your public IP address assigned to you by ISP, if using DNS check whether the DNS IP address is correct and also your gateway.

This can also be a WLAN without internet connection but only to connect people to a server of some kind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless connection connected but can't connect to the internet [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I just hooked up a Linksys wireless router to my PC, and I have a connection on my laptop, but I get a "the page cannot be displayed" message when I try to connect to the internet. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks!

Connected to wireless network, but can't get on the internet [ 4 Answers ]

I am from the US and I'm currently studying in Spain and on the roof of my house here, I have a very strong connection to a wireless network that is titled, "wireless". It is not locked and doesn't not require any kind of password and I connect right away without it saying that I have limited or...

Do I have too many computers connected to one network? [ 4 Answers ]

We have a main computer. There are 2 laptops and 3 computers that are wireless and have all been operating fine. Yesterday my husband bought a new laptop, when he's connected my computer is choppy and takes longer than usual to load. Could his new laptop be slowing me down because it's an extra...

Still connected but can't view websites [ 1 Answers ]

This is by far one of the most annoying problems I have encountered in the 10 years I have been working with computers. For some LAME reason if I brows the internet for a while, around 45min to an hour, I stop resolving websites. I can still get DNS's and pings but when go to, for example,...

Wireless network not connected [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I connected my Gateway system to router through wireless adopter It worked fine for some time Once the system was shutdown suddenly (switch off) After that I could not connect to network I am getting the following error message when I click refresh network list "Make sure the...

View more questions Search