Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flow_girl Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Abortion + Birth Control
    Hey

I can't stop thinking about falling pregnant again. Every time my partner and I make love, its all I can think about. Im 19 and already had 2 pregnancies this year. The first was a stupid mistake. We were careless but the second time, I was on the pill. We used condoms and I took a morning after pill just in case. I still got pregnant. If the pill doesn't work for me, what will? What do I do about it? How do I stop being so paranoid about it? I want to be able to relax and enjoy myself in the heat of things but at the moment I cant, I'm so stressed out about it. I just can't get pregnant again. Once was bad, the second time was horrible but the third, I just won't be able to do it. Problem is , I'm not ready for a child yet. Is it bad that I've fallen pregnant twice already? Please help...
    turkey Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2007, 10:44 PM
    U need to talk to your doctor! There is a shot out now that you get every six months and it's 100% affective! But it's not good for all females so talk to your doctor and get things figured out for yourself! I have also been in your shoes and it's very scary I know! But there is other ways! Good luck and take care!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 10:46 PM
    I've never heard of any birth control that's 100% effective, but if you want a long term birth control try the IUD. You can get a 5 year or a 10 year version. They insert it into your uterus and you don't have to worry about it for a while.

Jul 2, 2007, 10:51 PM
    There is a shot in windsor that if it is compatible with u it is 100% affective! No periods or anything for 6 months! But u have to go to your doctor and ask about it because it won't work for everyone!
    eljay1103 Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Jul 2, 2007, 10:54 PM
    I though the IUD was for women that have already given birth? There's the depo and how about the patch?
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 10:55 PM
    The IUD is for anyone. I would not recommend Depo because of the side effects, but I don't know much about the patch so I can't say anything about that.

Jul 2, 2007, 10:56 PM
    The depo shot is what I was talking about! Thank you I forgot the name! I have a friend that's on it and she loves it! BUT it's not for everybody!
    eljay1103 Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Jul 2, 2007, 11:01 PM
    Yea your right its not for everyone I know two girls who were on it and their side effects included A lot of weight gain... That's the thing with birth control if affects every woman's body different...
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 11:02 PM
    Exactly. Not only weight gain but Depo also causes constant bleeding in some women.

Jul 2, 2007, 11:03 PM
    My doctor told me when I asked him for it that I could have colored discharge and bleed the whole 6 months so he wouldn't give it to me! But my friend swears by it!
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 11:04 PM
    Well if affects different people in different ways. All I can say is try it, and if you don't like it, talk to your doctor about other options :)
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2007, 06:34 AM
    Here is a good website on comparison
    Birth Control Method Comparison Chart

First of all... the depo provera shot is not 100% effective, no birth control is. Secondly I would advise really researching the shot before putting yorself on it. It is very good at preventing pregnancy, but many women suffer the consequences. I for one was put on it and suffered occular migraines and vision loss. As a result of this shot, I am no longer able to be on any form of hormonal birth control. Also many women who have been on it for many years, and then come off so they can conceive have terrible times. It can make you bleed for months at time. Like I said, do your research, because the doctors don't necessarily tell you everything.
    Depo-Provera > Thinking about using Depo-Provera?

An IUD can be used by anyone whether you have had birth or not, and I highly recommend it. It is a great form of BC.
    Keep life simple with Mirena IUC contraception, including birth control and additional menstruation benefits

The patch has extreme warnings in the US, and few doctors perscribe it due to the high risk of blood clots and stroke associated with it.
    Birth Control Patch Users Warned, FDA: It Puts Women At Higher Risk For Clots Than Pill Does - CBS News

The Nuva Ring is a good option. It is comfortable to wear and considered safe.
    NuvaRing®: once a month birth control, effective contraception for women

I would say though, that if the birth control is not working for you, maybe a diaphragm or simply abstinence is best. Abortions are dangerous and too many can cause many problems. I am a firm believer that abortion is a good option for some, but when you start using them as a form of birth control, it gets really tricky really quick..
    Diaphragm
    flow_girl Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Thanks everyone for the advice. Ive since been to the doctors and am now getting the injection shot every three months. I love it. It only costs $20 and you can purchase it at any chemist with a prescription. Ive experienced lighter preriods and I've had no stomach cramps or back pain that is associated with getting your monthly. Its excellent. I definitely recommend this product for anyone who doesn't like the pill.
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 08:50 PM
    Well I'm glad you found something that's right for you. Every form of birth control is not for everyone, so most women have to experiment a bit until they find one they like.

Good luck and I hope the Depo continues to work out for you! :)
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 23, 2007, 08:07 AM
    There is no birth control that is 100% effective besides abstinence.

I realize you want to be free to have a sexual relationship with your boyfriend, but you must weigh the pros and cons. If you want to continue, your doctor is the ONLY one who can give you accurate advice as to what methods of birth control will work best for you, so I'm glad you went and found something you like.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth Control causes birth defects? [ 1 Answers ]

So I take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and was reading some info about it and noticed that it said you should not take it if you are pregnant (obviously!) because it causes birth defects. So then I started wondering, what if you are taking it and for some reason it doesn't work and you end up pregnant (as...

Birth Control [ 5 Answers ]

My period is highly irregular, and I frequently get bad symptoms. My doctor suggested I go on birth control to help regulate it, but I'm only fourteen and my mother seems to have a problem with it even though I'm already on other medications for depression. What should I do? :confused:

Birth Control [ 5 Answers ]

:( I was at odds with this discission. My daughter has sever periods that she has missed School many times because of it,I spoke with my gyno and she recommend birth control For this problem. She assured me that a lot of girls now even as early as 11yrs old go no it Too. My concern was is it an...

Birth Control [ 1 Answers ]

I have stopped taking my birth control pill yasmin back in June of 2005, I have been trying to get pregnant ever since. How long does it take for everything to go back to normal when you stop taking the pill . Im really worried that there might be something wrong cause I haven't gotten pregnant yet

Birth Control [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here it goes I had to stop taking my birth control about 2 months ago because I make too much money so my medicaid was taken away so anyway I don't know if I am stressed or just paranoid or what but I came on my cycle twice in November and the last time I had my cycle was Dec 5 and I haven't had...

View more questions Search