Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeremy4719 Posts: 136, Reputation: 4

Jul 2, 2007, 06:54 PM
    LOVE vs. HAPPINESS. Deciding the relationship?
    I am curious what everyone's thoughts are on LOVE vs. HAPPINESS... I am in love with my fiancé and she means a lot to me... But when does the level of happiness vs the power the love, which wins out? I'm hoping I don't have to make this decision, but it is unfortunately a real possibility. Things in my relationship have leveled off (or up in the good way a bit)... We are sitting on level ground with a SLIGHT upward trend for the moment. I just want to know how much a guy should stick around for, if he (myself) isn't happy with the way things are... Lack of time together, lack of sex, lack of the spark... These are just some of the big things that have taken a hold of our relationship for the last 3 months... We are trying to make it...
    wickedimp Posts: 57, Reputation: 14

Jul 3, 2007, 07:38 AM
    It's not always rainbows and butterflies, it's compromise that moves things along.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2007, 07:46 AM
    Communication and compromise are two most important elements in a relationship. I also think that your overanalyzing your relationship instead of just trying to enjoy the relationship.

Joe
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jul 3, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Hello.

Love and Happiness go hand and hand or should be. If you have Love on both sides then with a little work you will also have happiness.

Relationships are work, it takes time to learn about each other and we are always changing and growing so what works today will change a little as we do. As long as your both wanting to make it work it will.

In most happiness the bed room and money are the happiness joy or pain. When you work hard and make money the bedroom suffers if you let it (thats why you have to work at making the time you have special). If you don't have money your always down and that makes the bedroom suffer if you let it (thats why you have to work at making the time you have together special).

The key is make the most out of the time you have together. One hour of passion and excitement is better then hours of ignoring each other. Time in a excitement is priceless so use it. Don't let yourself get in a rut and forget all the special things you did for her when you first met. Do them all and more. Sweep her off her feet every day. Make each day a special one and in time you both will be working so hard to make each other happy your not going to have time to think about being happy.

Its up to you, if you want it to work it will.

Good Luck
    Dennis777

Jul 3, 2007, 08:01 AM
    WoW

Sorry about the typos the spell check moved some words around...

Jul 3, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Communication and compromise are two most important elements in a relationship. I also think that your overanalyzing your relationship instead of just trying to enjoy the relationship.

Joe
    We have so-so communication and the compromise is on her side pretty much... I am not over analyzing this relationship... It's really not good..

Jul 3, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis777
    Hello.

Love and Happiness go hand and hand or should be. If you have Love on both sides then with a little work you will also have happiness.

Relationships are work, it takes time to learn about each other and we are always changing and growing so what works today will change a little as we do. As long as your both wanting to make it work it will.

In most happiness the bed room and money are the happiness joy or pain. When you work hard and make money the bedroom suffers if you let it (thats why you have to work at making the time you have special). If you don't have money your always down and that makes the bedroom suffer if you let it (thats why you have to work at making the time you have together special).

The key is make the most out of the time you have together. One hour of passion and excitement is better then hours of ignoring each other. Time in a excitement is priceless so use it. Don't let yourself get in a rut and forget all the special things you did for her when you first met. Do them all and more. Sweep her off her feet every day. Make each day a special one and in time you both will be working so hard to make each other happy your not going to have time to think about being happy.

Its up to you, if you want it to work it will.

Good Luck
    Dennis777
    This was a great response, but you all still don't see things...

I wake up every morning and think "should i break it off?" , "I'm not happy, but i love her"... Those are not good signs and I don't know if I should continue being with her if I can't get those thoughts/feelings to leave my head... I have absolutely no time with her... To put it in perspective, I see her on average two days a month!! My heart hurts, because I want to love her and care about her and be there, but my mind is saying get out and get out now...
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Jul 3, 2007, 12:49 PM
    My cousin broke up with his girlfriend of 7 years because she was always working. He wanted it to work but never spent time together. He is much happier with new girlfriend,
    woh337 Posts: 149, Reputation: 6

Jul 3, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SAB123
    My cousin broke up with his girlfriend of 7 years because she was always working. He wanted it to work but never spent time together. He is much happier with new girlfriend,
    Sometimes, people stay busy because they have to, sometimes they stay busy because they are running away from something. The saddest in the world is that two people in love can't be together. You are here and I am there, there is something wrong with one of us.

Jul 3, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Jeremy.

In some relationships people grow apart, Your mind still wants the Love to be there but its not. If your not happy and your not planing on bringing back the spark then get out and find Mrs. Right and she can find Mr. Right.

Dennis777

Jul 3, 2007, 07:49 PM
    I do love her, that's why I'm sticking it out and trying to make it... I don't know if it will last or not, but if I don't try with every ounce of sanity I have, then I didn't try hard enough... We'll see what happends I guess...
    Shaunta Posts: 204, Reputation: 8

Jul 4, 2007, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy4719
    I am curious what everyones thoughts are on LOVE vs. HAPPINESS... I am in love with my fiance and she means a lot to me... But when does the level of happiness vs the power the love, which wins out? I'm hoping I don't have to make this decision, but it is unfortunately a real possibility. Things in my relationship have leveled off (or up in the good way a bit)... We are sitting on level ground with a SLIGHT upward trend for the moment. I just want to know how much a guy should stick around for, if he (myself) isn't happy with the way things are.... Lack of time together, lack of sex, lack of the spark... These are just some of the big things that have taken a hold of our relationship for the last 3 months... We are trying to make it....

Uh oh what's wrong with your relationship? You don't have that spark? Lack of connection?? I know how that feels... I know when me and my boyfriend broke up the first time and we got back together that "spark" wasn't there but that was somethihng that came about gradually... You can only wait so olong... Sometimes well not right now but I use to just sit here and think to myself am I wasting my time with him? Nothing is going right... But in the end it all worked out... I wish you the best... Send me a message...

Jul 4, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunta
    Uh oh whats wrong with your relationship?? You dont have that spark?? Lack of connection??? I know how that feels...I know when me and my boyfriend broke up the first time and we got back together that "spark" wasnt there but that was somethihng that came about gradually.....You can only wait so olong...Sometimes well not right now but I use to just sit here and think to myself am I wasting my time with him?? Nothing is going right....But in the end it all worked out....I wish you the best...Send me a message....
    Hey Shaunta... Thanks for your comments... Hit me up on how you and your guy are doing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does I LOVE YOU. But not enough to be in a relationship w/ you mean? [ 16 Answers ]

Well I got this from her... my girlfriend for two years who wanted a break and wanted to be single... I'm giving her her space now... but its hard... she told me this is how she feels she says she cares for me a lot... and tells me that she loves me still right now but not enough to be dating as of...

Relationship First love [ 5 Answers ]

Well it all started way back in 8th grade for me. 7th grade for her. We liked eatcother for exactly 1year and a half. And the thing is I never opened up to anyone. I never wanted to be with anyone so bad. There were other girls out there that were more prettier than her of course but for some...

I think my relationship with my first love is over, now what? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been dating my girlfriend for going on two years now. She was my first lover, my first lover, & I live with her. But lately things have been different, we fight constantly, she never seems like she is in a good mood. Which makes me in not such a great mood. She doesn't seem happy...

Relationship Love [ 3 Answers ]

:) Hi I would like to know if I will have a relationship in 2007?that will be longterm... is it a guy I know or will it be someone new´? I can't answer my own questions but I would like to trade if you answer me I will answer you!

When will I find Love and happiness? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 35 year old woman who's one wish is to find love and have a family of her own. I struggle a little with my weight which prevents me from being confident enough to "put myself out there" so to speak. Can you tell me if you see me winning the battle of the bulge this year and/or finding...

View more questions Search