Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    travelor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 06:04 PM
    Travelor
    Hi! First of all, in order to help the outside we have to work on the inside. Your diet could be a consideration along with drinking LOTS of water. An exfoliator would probably not be a good idea. Wash face with warm water, rinsing with cold to close pores. Epsom salt is an excellent & cheap deep cleanser. It can be used for a # of things. Can be purchased almost everywhere, dolar store, Walmart. Put in bowl of warm water, wash face & keep splashing mixture on face. Good Luck!:)
    luckycharmz14 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Jul 30, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lollymolly
    hi i'm new here and i have a problem. I'm 15 and have so many pimples it's awful. i hate them so much. i've heard all the facts-80% of kids have them and it affects everyone at some point in their life. the problem is that i feel like i have no control over them. i wash my face twice a day, and use an oil-free moisturizer. I never touch my face and don't rub too hard when i wash it becuase that can make your pores swell and cause pimples. I've used proactiv for months, and didn't change my skin. there's red dots on my face that have been there for a year and sometimes get really big, and then get small. i don't know what to do. my mom won't take me to a dermatologist because she says everyone gets acne as a teenager. i like my face to be clean and with acne i feel like everyone's staring at it. i don't like makeup, and i try to let them heal on their own. i feel like i'm doing everything everyone tells me to, and still they are here. please tell me some way to get rid of it. benzoil peroxide creams haven't helped, they just dry out my face and leave the pimple behind. it's like the pimples don't heal, they just stay there and won't go away! i'm begging someone to help me. if anyone has any tips that helped them, please share, i'm willing to try ANYTHING. thanks so much for reading this long list of my complaints :) but i wanted to make sure you knew how much i wanted to get rid of this. Thank you SO MUCH. :)
    Have you ever tried exfoiliating? I have St. Ives exfoliater and what it does is it takes all of the oil off your face. There are little beads mixed in with the cleanser that leave your face clean and healthy and not shiny. I use 3 different things in the morning, afternoon, and night and they really help my skin. Also, try to find a good quality mask. Proactive never worked for me either. But my skin is really starting to look a lot better--and exfoliating works 100% if you have oily skin, which I assume you do, since you used to use Proactive. Hope this helped!:)
    lollymolly Posts: 13, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 30, 2007, 06:28 PM
    I exfoliate with st. ives apricot scrub, and you're right- it really works! One would think I have oily skin, but actually I have very very dry sensitive skin. The reason I stopped using proactiv is because it dries out my skin too much, and even in the most humid weather, my skin flakes from being so dry (winter is a nightmare)! Anyway, you wouldn't think someone with dry skin would have pimples! It's crazy. I should start drinking more water though. I drink like 5 cups a day, not that much when you think about it.
    carleton_piglet Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 01:03 PM
    I know what you mean about benzoyl peroxide, all it does is dry out skin! I would suggest you talk to your regular doctor if you can't get to a dermatologist. Your family doctor can perscribe medication for acne, and can refer you to a dermatologist (which will show your mom that it is okay to have one). Acne is a part of the lives of many people, but it isn't something you have to suffer from; there are solutions that work. Also, in terms of makeup, a water-based makeup will not clog your pores. There are even new mineral-based makeups out there which give optimum coverage without clogging pores (such as Sheer Cover). Anyway, hope my advice helps!
    fullmoon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 09:51 PM
    lollymolly,I am 26 now and started having serious acne at age 23.then a friend told me to use palmers skin success astringent.I tell you,it worked miracles.my breakouts got less and less and in about 2 to 3 months with continuous use morning and evening I stopped breaking out completely.I just use the palmers skin success fademilk lotion to get ride of the dark spots and uneven skin tone the acne left behind.it really worked.you should try it.very good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pimples [ 15 Answers ]

Tell me best way to get rid of pimples and acnes

Pimples [ 2 Answers ]

I just have a question about my face skin Because of my pimples I got lots of marks and I still have that pimples and it so hard to do shave. I tried ecerything to clear it but it didn't work I want to clear my skin means my pimples and that marks. How can I do it??

Pimples? [ 2 Answers ]

I have red bumps on my penis. I have had them for a couple of years now... even before my first sexual experience so I'm pretty sure its not an std. I think they are just pimples from the look of them. There's different sizes and pop just like zits do. I was just wondering if there is any way to...

Pimples [ 5 Answers ]

I have a questions regarding about my pimple problem uhm what kind of treatment (ointment) can u advice me to put on my face and what kind of moisturizer best of my situation?tnx so much I'm looking forward of your reply to me

Pimples and blackheads [ 4 Answers ]

I am 18 and I have problems with acne... I'm a dark skin girl and every time I get pimples they leave blackheads and scars on my face... someone please tell me howw to get rid of my problem of scars and pimples... to have a clear and spot free face.. :confused:

View more questions Search