Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coco5707 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 05:52 PM
    My Girlfriend wants a break
    My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years says she wants a break. I tried to be understanding and gave her the break she wanted. She says she is stressed and tired all of the time. Her job is stressful because she works at a daycare. But she says she loves her job. We both still live at home and are both going to different colleges. But they are both only 40 minutes away from our homes and 10 minutes apart from each other. We both promised each other we would get back together. But I am scared we won't. She also said she would still hang out with me occasionally, but every time I ask she says no. its been about a week since we haven't been dating. I call her every night for about 5 to 10 minutes. We used to talk for about and hour to two hours when we were dating so I think I am doing good by giving her space. Should I quit calling her until she calls me or give her a call every couple of days for about 5 minutes. The bad thing is that we weren't having any problems in the relationship. She had just told me for about 2 weeks that she was stressed. So I would try to relax her by giving massages like I always did. Then 2 weeks later she said she wanted to take a break. But the bad thing is that about a few months ago I was going to play college football in Virginia and she was going to come with me and we talked about getting married before I went. Someone please post some comments to maybe help me with my situation.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2007, 02:36 AM
    Leave her alone. All this messages with a break are making the situation worse.

There must have been something in the relationship that was off or there would be no break. Maybe she did not want to tell you the truth because she did not want to hurt you.

I think that maybe she felt that things were going too fast and she needed time for herself to think everything through.

Give her sometime but I would not wait forever eighter.

The question was, was there any rules or guidelines to the break, do you think she is seeing other people?

These things you need to figure out but for now, No more contact. Calling her every night is just pushing her further away.

Joe
    Gearhe4d Posts: 92, Reputation: -2

Jan 8, 2009, 10:44 PM
    I see that this was posted quite some time ago, and I'm very curious how things are going between the two of you. I'm in a very similar situation where my girlfriend for almost two years asked for a break and said she needed some space for awhile but told me that it was just a break.

It's killing me everyday that we are apart, I hope your story has a happy ending. I know what it feels like to start losing the most wonderful person you've ever met.
    wesman2440 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 08:05 PM
    I know exactly how you feel. My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years told me that she needed a break, And she will not contact me. She told me not to Call, text, or stop by. So it is irritating. Because she won't talk to me.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 3, 2009, 08:34 PM

I think you're misinterpreting her message. She wants a break from you, stop putting pressure on her to see her. If you don't give her time away from you, how is she going to sort her feelings out?

She will find you when she figures things out.

Edit: Oops, this was posted 2 years ago, so my advice is for future reference
    MoodsterMan Posts: 38, Reputation: 5
    -

Jun 4, 2009, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by coco5707 View Post
    My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years says she wants a break. I tried to be understanding and gave her the break she wanted. She says she is stressed and tired all of the time. Her job is stressful because she works at a daycare. But she says she loves her job. We both still live at home and are both going to different colleges. But they are both only 40 minutes away from our homes and 10 minutes apart from each other. We both promised each other we would get back together. but i am scared we wont. she also said she would still hang out with me occasionally, but everytime i ask she says no. its been about a week since we havent been dating. I call her every night for about 5 to 10 minutes. We used to talk for about and hour to two hours when we were dating so i think i am doing good by giving her space. Should I quit calling her until she calls me or give her a call every couple of days for about 5 minutes. The bad thing is that we werent having any problems in the relationship. She had just told me for about 2 weeks that she was stressed. So I would try to relax her by giving massages like I always did. Then 2 weeks later she said she wanted to take a break. But the bad thing is that about a few months ago I was going to play college football in Virginia and she was going to come with me and we talked about getting married before i went. Someone please post some comments to maybe help me with my situation.
    What I am getting from what you are saying is this;

a) She is using this as an easy way to break up with you (don't assume this until you have factional facts though.. )

b) You seem to be kind of clingy and perhaps should not have any connection with her for a week or so. This should bring you and her running back to each others arms and the spark should be back. If it isn't.. then perhaps the relationship is a bust and she is not the one.

For now though, just give her space and don't act as if you need her in your life. Act as if you want her in your life but you are a strong enough man to walk the face of the earth without her (even if you aren't). Good luck brah. :p
    walterkasper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2012, 11:37 PM
    My girlfriend was break me but me and she was when to swimming pool but we going back in college hostel but I told her I was when to sleep at few minute and go play with my friends laptop but later I switch my phone on but can was my phone battery was lose but I come her and say but I was wonderful talk her every night but she has angry at me but she was my girl but she told me but I was when to her but she don't want to talk at me but she think I was kiss with her friends but I did not kiss with her friends but I ask her why she angry at me but she was two day breakme up but she was different at me but she has look always at me but I say don't worry at me but she was cry so much at me but I don't like her again but she hate in me

But she has break me up but I feel so all right

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend said she needs a break [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend tonight told me that she wants 2 weeks. She says she's still committed to me and still loves me but she wants to take a 2 week break from the relationship to see what happens. She said she wanted to slow things down a little. She also said if we don't get back together we will still...

Girlfriend wants to break up... [ 13 Answers ]

Ok me and my girlfriend have been going out for 7 months and then just out of the blue she starts cryng while I'm talking on the phone with her and says she wants a break, and it hit me hard real hard, I had no idea what to do and I was all confused and hurt and feeling like crap. And then the next...

My girlfriend wants a break... [ 12 Answers ]

Ive been with my girlfriend for over two years now. Im a junior in college and she just started this year. She lives at school but its only like a 45 min drive from where I live. We have a great relationship. We both love each other very much and would do anything for each other. But over the past...

Girlfriend Wants Break! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've recently been reviewing all the postings about breaking up and stuff and I feel that they were helpful except I have a little bit different of a situation. 2 weeks ago I sensed that something wasn't right in our relationship and my g-friend seemed to loose interest in me. She has...

Girlfriend Says She Needs A Break [ 29 Answers ]

Well To Give A Little Heads Up On What Happened... Before We Were Dating She Knew Most Of My Family For A While And That's How I Met Her. Well We Were Dating For About 6-7 Months And Then Out Of The Blue She Said She Is Getting Too Stressed Out With Her Issues In Her Life And My Insecuritys . Now I...

View more questions Search