Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    henryto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Replacing thermostat
    I'm replacing an old weathertron thermostat with a hunter 44110 one, having trouble with the wires. 8 from the old unit and 5 on the new one
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 1, 2007, 06:06 PM
    You have the wrong style thermostat. Take it back and get the correct one. Then read the directions to hook up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing old thermostat with a Honeywell RTH230B [ 4 Answers ]

I am replacing my old Honeywell mecury thermostat with a programmable Honeywell RTH230B. I have two unmarked wires (red & white) connected to the old thermostat. I know, given my furnace, that I need to use connections "RH" and "W" on my new thermostat. What wire, Red/White goes to what...

Replacing thermostat batteries [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering if I need to turn off my electric power in order to replace the batteries on my wall thermostat. If I do need to turn it off, should I turn off the main power on my circuit breaker box or just the circuit to my furnace ? Thank you for your assistance.

Replacing thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to change out my old thermostat which uses a mercury switch to a Honeywell ct2800 programmable thermostat. The old thermostat which is also a Honeywell has just 2 wires connected to it and none of the terminal posts got any letter markings. There is no instructions on the ct2800 on...

Replacing old thermostat [ 6 Answers ]

I bought a new thermostat (digital 7 day programable) for the main part of the house, and I was going to move the old digital to the "gas fire place heated room". My problem... there are only 2 wires coming out of the wall going to the gas fire place. The old one had 3 from the wall and the RC...

Please Help w/Replacing Honeywell Thermostat... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I've just removed my Honeywell Thermostat and am trying to replace it with a Noma programmable tstat... but am having problems with the wiring. There are 5 wires coming out of the wall - Green, Black, Orange, Red and White, and only 4 posts on the Noma tstat (Green, Red, Yellow and White). ...

View more questions Search