Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tdarugar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2005, 07:23 PM
    No hot water from kitchen faucette, sever knocking
    In the kitchen, downstairs I get sever knocking when I turn the faucette to hot and almost no water comes out. The same is occurring with the dishwasher which sits right next to the sink; the dishes are not getting cleaned, and at times (I'm assuming when it's trying to use hot water) the knocking appears.

Other places in the house all supply hot water just fine with no knocking. The kitchen faucette does supply medium hot water; definitely hotter than regular tap water, but not full hot.

The house is less than two years old, in California. Any ideas?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2005, 07:47 PM
    Sounds like you have some crud in the hot water line. If you can figure out how, shut the hot water off, take the insides of the hot water faucet out, and briefly turn the water on to flush out the crud. If you can't get it apart, post back with the brand and model, and our real expert will tell you how. The dishwasher will be more of a pain. Remove the bottom panel and see if you can find the incoming water line. Remove it, and again run a little water to flush out the crud. Check the solenoid valve to make sure it is clear before putting the line back on.
    tdarugar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2005, 02:11 PM
    Tightening the tap fixed it
    My wife tracked down a representative from the developer, and apparently he fixed it by simply tightening the tap (not the faucette, the tap under the sink). Not sure what that was about exactly, but apparently simple to fix.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water line makes Knocking noise [ 3 Answers ]

Every time one of our toilets if flushed, the water line makes a knocking noise.  It never use to do that until we replaced the flapper and flushing valve.  Does anyone know what this might be?  It's very loud! ::)

Kitchen Faucette hot water (lack thereof) [ 1 Answers ]

Good Evening, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have read about a 1000 questions posted looking for an answer to my problem, but I did not see one (probably missed it) anyway, I was wondering why my Kitchen faucette takes approx. 4-5 minutes to get hot water to it. This is the only...

Knocking Hot Water Heater & Blue stuff [ 7 Answers ]

My Water Heater is Knocking pretty loud for the last 10-12 months... I'm trying to figure out if this is ready to die and I should replace it before it does. It's 6 years old, new with the house and it's got a 6 year guarantee. About 6 months ago I drained it. The water was clean, but I...

Loud Knocking Noise when cold water side of shower is on [ 5 Answers ]

Howdy folks. When I turn my shower on, I have to turn the water all the way to hot, switch the shower lever, and then adjust to warm... otherwise I get a huge loud knocking sound from the basement. I went down to see if I could see pipes rattling or anything, but nothing. I turned on the faucet...

No water in Kitchen. Please help! [ 4 Answers ]

The running water in the kitchen has gotten slower in the last month and a half, and no as of yesterday there is nothing, or very little. The water yesterday was still enough that you could function, I tried to turn off the water under the sink and then turn it back on but I got nothing. The...

View more questions Search