Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plabbe Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 10:39 PM
    Ford taurus
    I have a 1996 ford taurus not a bad car we had no major trouble until now .It ran out of gas and now I have to crank it many times before it finally starts and it keeps on stalling for the first 20 to 25 start,every time it starts it runs a little better for a few seconds then stalls again I keep on starting it until it will run very rough but runs on its own and keep on getting better just like if the pistons would kick in one at a time .From the time it stops stalling to the time it iddle normally it probably takes 3 to 5 minutes then iddles ver good rpm holds at 1000 no missing,shaking or no noise it works fine until I try to accelerate then I can bring the rpm to 2000 only for 1 second and it sounds like its running out of gas if I let go of accelerator it will pick right up to 1000 rpm ,if I don't let the accelerator go quick ennough it will stall.
    I have new gas,gas filter,sark plugs,fuel pump and regelator test OK vaccuum line are OK but I still can't get it to start right away like before and still can use the accelerator.

I would really apreciate anyone idea or cure to my problems.
    Thank you.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Sounds like you did in your fuel pump. Or, by running out of gas, the pick up strainer at the end of the pump could be clogged with sediment from the bottom of the tank. Either way, both need replace.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2007, 12:42 PM
    . Check for codes.

. Check for proper fuel flow and pressure. The fuel rail must be fully pressurized, in order for a fuel injected engine to start.

. Check Ignition Control Module and coil. AutoZone and O'Reilly Auto can do this for free.
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Jul 1, 2007, 06:15 PM
    You also have an in line fuel filter back by the fuel tank... You should replace that one as well...
    plabbe Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 01:09 PM
    Thanks a lot for your help guys I change the fuel pump.filter.the cam shaft position sensor cause I get the code p0340 and my car still won't start normaly and I can't get the rpm over 1500 if I push it very slowly I can't drive it like this and I don't know what else to change .
    Any idea anyone?? It's a 96 ford taurus 3liter with 24 valves
    Thanks in advance and I really enjoy this site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starter on a Ford Taurus [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone tell me is there a way to get your starter to work so I can get my car home or to a garage. I know it's the starter because I don't even get a click with it when I turn the key and my battery is still very strong. Is there not a way to bang the starter to get it to go? Please help...

1998 ford taurus [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 1998 ford taurus. I am experiencing a problem with my vehicle when the speedometor is not working the car will not shift gears. But when the speedometer is working the car shifts fine. I recently changed the speed sensor and still have the same problem.

1999 Ford Taurus [ 1 Answers ]

Vehicle intermittently down shifts (feels like Torque converter clutch disengageing) At highway speeds. Transmission was replaced issue still remains. FORD/Mecury dealers seem lost. Any Ideas No trouble codes. Thank you

91 ford Taurus [ 3 Answers ]

I have No Power going to the Starter Headlights or Brake Lights is there a grounding strap or something that could be the problem PLEASE HELP

88 Ford Taurus Transmission Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Have 88 Ford Taurus with auto xmission. Xmission will go in reverse fine, but will not engage into drive unless the vehicle is going at or over 15 mph. Fluid level checks out fine. Any advice would be appreciated. evaneric2

View more questions Search