Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meroderick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 12:48 PM
    doctor thinks I'm addicted to vicodin
    I was hospitalized 3-times in one week. I was saw over 8-different doctors and each gave me different medications to go home on. I have been taking vicodin for chronic pain for over 5-years. When the ambulance brought me to the hospital the last time, my husband grabbed all my medications and took them to the hospital. He said the bag ripped open and most of the medications fell onto the floor, he said he thought he picked them all up.

There was a newly filled rx for lortab (qty 45) that I had not even opened. My doctor now seems to think I took all 45 and tried to committee suicide. People that know me laugh when I tell them this, but my doctor doesn't know me.

She now is going to do random urine screens on me. She said that I am no longer to take any pain medication. I asked her if I just have to learn to deal with the pain when I have a flare-up, she said well try tylenol. This frustrated me a bit, since I don't know any doctor that would give vicodin without trying over the counter meds first.

I am now having a flare-up, I am in pain, but I am not going to touch any pain medications. I just don't know what kind of non-narcotic medications to take for pain.:eek:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 29, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Where is the pain? Why do you have it, i.e. fibromyalgia, or other disorders?

Can you describe the pain?

Pain scale 1 - 10?

These answers may help me help you.
    meroderick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 04:25 PM
    I was exposed to toxic molds at work around 5-years ago. Now I have sinus polyps when they get infected it turns into an infection in my chest, which turns into asthma, which normally lands me in the hospital.

I have had the polyps removed three times. Before I had the first surgery the doctor said "I've never heard of them coming back". Of course, they came back after the first surgery, the second surgery and the third. I pain is unbelieveable, I know this sounds gross, but I can even taste when I have the infection. My eyes get so swollen that I can't even wipe water out of them in the shower.

Now that I've been on prednisone for over 3-years my adrenal glands no longer work. I just learned this a few weeks ago. This means that my body cannot fight of infection very easy, plus a lot of other things.

I actually feel bad for my doctor (I don't know why), but I promised her I wouldn't take the pain pills and I won't. I got some aleve, it does not help my face pain, but it did help my neck and shoulder pain that I have gotten over the last few weeks of having to sleep sitting up.

What's up with doctors wanting to give anti depressants for every problem. I could say my toe hurts and she'd want to give me an anti depressant. She spent 20 minutes yesterday trying to convince me I was depressed.

When she told me about my adrenal glands know longer working she said "you can never stop the prednisone or you'll die".. Then yesterday she told me that she could understand why I'm depressed since what I have will never get better only worse. Heck, after hearing that I was depressed.:mad:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vicodin Addiction [ 4 Answers ]

How long does Vicodin stay in your urine and bloodstream after you are no longer using

Vicodin [ 1 Answers ]

How long does vicodin stay in your system?

Vicodin [ 8 Answers ]

How long does Vicodin stay in a persons system?

Vicodin Addiction [ 1 Answers ]

After being on Vicodin, (hydrocodone/APAP) for 8 months, I became severely Addicted and went through terrible withdrawal coming off it. I am now on a Fentynal patch to help with my back pain, but I am continuing to have cravings for vicodin. How common is vicodin addiction and what can be done to...

Vicodin [ 1 Answers ]

Just wanted to know how long it takes for Vicodin to completely clear from your system. I have been taking this since approx. 1999, only 1/2 to one pill a day or every other day maybe, nothing consistent, but have taken it for years. About 4 months. Ago I broke out in an itchy rash that will not...

View more questions Search