Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Hope everyone is doing well... I was just diagnosed with SPD today. At least I know why I have been in so much pain lately. Did/is anyone else suffer(ing) from this? My doc told me there wasn't much that could be done other than increasing fluids and rest and taking tylenol, but I still have 6 weeks, and the pain is excrutiating at times... anyone know any tricks or anything? I can't find much info out there...
    melissa1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 5

Nov 16, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Really suffering today I'm 7weeks and 4days pregnant since 5pm I have been feeling so sick (not actually been sick) had diarrehea (sorry to be gross) and have to sit down at times as it feels like the room is spinning at 100mph lol
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Lol... now I don't miss that... I suggest plenty of water dear, and rest as much as possible. Saltines help.

Nov 16, 2007, 04:20 PM
    So the diarrehea thing is normal??
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 04:22 PM
    That could be from something you ate... I wouldn't associate it with the pregnancy per say... stay hydrated and if it lasts longer than a few days call the doc to be sure, but I don't think its anything serious.

Nov 16, 2007, 04:25 PM
    That's OK then was getting worried there for a min, it seems to have gone now anyway the only thing getting to me now is having a headache from the minute I wake up in the morning until I go to bed but suppose you just have to think what your going to get at the end of the 9 months
    Got my scan date for the 12th dec can't wait to see the little one
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Good for you. You can take tylenol (acetemenophine) for the headache... its safe. Good luck on the 12th!

Nov 16, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Thanks for that I was told not to take anything
    Is it something you can buy over the counter in a pharmcy
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 05:42 PM
    It is in the US...
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Melissa, I'd just like to say that I love that me and you have about the same due date! I am 7weeks 3days today! My next doctor's apt. is Dec 7th!! Yay!! I'm feeling pretty crappy this week too... VERY nauseous!!
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Nov 16, 2007, 11:56 PM
    Just had a moment to log on and say hey to everyone. I have heard good things about the preggy pops, by the way. It's worth a try. Anything with ginger, or that's high in protein. Will help with the morning sickness. I used beef jerky. They say that carbs will actually make it worse now. Can't remember at the moment where I heard it. As soon as I do I'll let you all know. Well it's been a long day and I'm still not done. So love you all and I hope tomorrow is a wonderfully pleasant day for you and if not the day after will be different... not better just different. Night.

Nov 17, 2007, 04:04 AM
    rankrank55 when is your baby due my estimated due date is 1st July 08
    I have the midwife coming out to see me on the 28th of this month then my scan on the 12th dec really excited!
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Nov 17, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    hope everyone is doing well....I was just diagnosed with SPD today. at least I know why i have been in so much pain lately. Did/is anyone else suffer(ing) from this? My doc told me there wasnt much that could be done other than increasing fluids and rest and taking tylenol, but I still have 6 weeks, and the pain is excrutiating at times...anyone know any tricks or anything? I can't find much info out there...
    I was diagnosed with SPD at around 24 weeks and I can understand what you're going through. With mine, I had to have some physio and was given a few exercises to try which consisted of using more of my stomach muscles when getting in and out of bed. The other thing that helped was putting planks of wood under the mattress, the hard surface seemed to do wonders for me. Also when turning in bed, I found it easier to sit up first and then turn. I don't know how bad your SPD is maybe if you give me more details I maybe be able to give you a more specific advice.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Yawn Hi lady's how are my wonderful pregnant friends?

Nov 21, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Hey Mrs curlyben, I'm good how are you doing? My babies are coming out very soon and I'n a bit anxious, I've had minor surgery before but I don't know what it would be like to actually be awake during a major surgery, do you have any tips? How's millie and the hubby, are they behaving?
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2007, 10:26 AM
    You don't feel anything other than them tugging you about hunn the bit that scared the out of me was the needle in the back for the spinal block, ben said earlier today though that seeing me get cut open was bloody vile and he isn't looking forward to seeing that again.
    I will be having theo by section and I'm not feeling to bad about it to be honest wish they would do it the week after christmas but that won't happen unless I go into early labour that is lol.

*edit* Be prepared to move about the next day it's the best thing you can do it hurts there's no denying that but not for long they give you good drugs ;)

Nov 21, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Thanks for that Myth said something similar about afterwards as well so I must keep that in mind. I completely forgot about the needle part though! I'm strong, I can handle this. If I can handle the steroids shot I can handle the needle in the back (she says bravely), hubby refuses to be anywhere near the doctors he gets queasy at the sight of his own blood so he's sticking to where my head is and will not look away from me. I'm at that point now where I can feel every bit of moving that they do and it feels like they are moving a lot more. How's Theo doing?
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Seems fine I think got another scan next Thursday. Hunn the steroids are absolutely nothing lol I had double doses for millie ;) I just have a real thing about needles in my hands and they have to put one there for the drip after its not nice the back is fine just stay calm and don't bloody move lol.
    At least this time I won't have the from hell giving me the section my god I hated the man sooooooo much thankfully he is no longer with the hospital lol.
    I will say if hubby is squimish for gods sake write in your notes you want the twins cleaned up before they pass them over shudder its yucky otherwise.

Nov 22, 2007, 09:53 AM
    Lol there are some doctors that are just irritating aren't they? There's this midwife at the delivery suite at my hosp that I just don't like and I hope she won't be anywhere near me on the day she gave me my first steroid shot and it pained like hell but my second shot from a nicer midwife was much better, might get hubby to take care of that part he's good at that! I forgot about cleaning up the twins before they hand them over, I have to tell them about it just before going in the midwives aren't very good at reading notes. Good to hear about Theo, has he found your bladder yet?
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2007, 10:16 AM
    :LOL what do you mean yet he has been bouncing on my bladder since about 18 weeks little monkey :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roll-up Cigarettes [ 9 Answers ]

I have been smoking roll-ups for about three years now. I find that I don't have any breathing problems or heart problems so I was wondering if manufactured cigarettes have something in them that make you ill, compared to roll-ups which are just tobacco and paper.

How do you roll your hips [ 3 Answers ]

All my friends dance at all the school dances. I don't because I can't really get into it. I just want to know a few moves so I don't look like an idiot just standing there. They all know how to roll their hips and that's mostly what they do. I want to know How do you roll your hips?

Shake rattle and roll [ 7 Answers ]

My 2 yr old zu is terrified of storms , and this is storm season in my area, he keeps me up all night long just shivering and puffing because he is so scared, it's the thunder that really scares him.. help... :rolleyes:

Roll my 401k [ 1 Answers ]

I will retire in 2 months I want to roll my 401k over into the best instrument for monthly income to supplement my pension & social security how should I proceed

Roll Top Desk [ 2 Answers ]

How does one unlock the drawers? The rolltop lock does not function and the drawers on the left are open. The locking mechanisms are spring loaded hooks that hook over the back of the drawers when they are closed. How do I get the right drawers open?

View more questions Search