Ask
    sleeper Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2007, 03:39 PM
    What can happen?std's
    What can genital warts do to your body if not treated?:confused:
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 04:32 PM
    Genital warts or HPV (human pappiloma virus) is directly linked to Cervical Cancer. It can kill you if you are a woman and there is some evidence to suggest that there may be male issues as well.

There is also a tenuous link between warts and PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) in women. As well as Chlamydia

Big issues for women-not so big for men-although they can spread it .
    sleeper Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2007, 06:07 PM
    What are the issues for men? Meaning problems
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 06:29 PM
    May be related-(although not proven) to penile and perhaps prostate cancer-it is a theory at the moment although it looks like they are.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jun 24, 2007, 06:33 PM
    You can't really treat them, other than treating them like normal warts. I think something like 70% of people have HPV of some sort.

As far as I know there has been no study that has directly linked HPV to problems for men, other than the warts of course.

The vaccine has been approved for women but not men yet (last time I checked). If you have HPV tell your partner she has to get the vaccine.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2007, 10:27 PM
    The same scientist who discovered the link of HPV to cervical cancer, believes there is a similar link in men. Again, like I said, it is not proven, yet.

The vaccine will be given to boys in the next few years. Girls in Australia already get the vaccine at or about the age of 12.

Here is something I found on the cancer institutes website... Key Points

Human papillomaviruses (HPVs) are a group of more than 100 types of viruses (see Question 1).
    Most HPV infections go away on their own (see Questions 1, 4, and 5)
    HPVs are the major cause of cervical cancer. HPVs may also play a role in cancers of the anus, vulva, vagina, and penis, and some cancers of the oropharynx (see Question 3).
    Although there is no cure for HPV infection, the warts and lesions these viruses cause can be treated (see Question 10).
    Researchers at the National Cancer Institute and elsewhere are conducting research on HPV-related cancers (see Question 11).

The highlighted data is my emphasis... hope this clears things up a little.

Xrayman

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Something happen [ 5 Answers ]

Hello me and my friend were discussing about our girlfriends. And he told me that while performing oral on his girlfriend. Some white fluid came out of her vagina and he told me he never even had sex with her yet. I was wondering what that was coming out of her.

What's going to happen. [ 1 Answers ]

I know there are two other threads asking about the same thing but my story is different... Okay lets see here... I'm almost 18 and I just turned my mom in for meth use/dealing to get my 3 year old sister out of a bad situation... My mom blamed the drugs on me... She had been using everyday heavily...

What can I do and What can Happen? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Massachusettes, I have never been in any kind of trouble my whole life. I am a 43 year old female. I have been on disability for 5 years do to many health problems, and I raise my child alone, father never pays support. Things have been stressful some days I am in bed for weeks...

Hysterectomy and std's [ 1 Answers ]

I had a hysterectomy, but they left one ovary, I have had this strange pain in my insides which is hard to pinpoint since I have no insides. The pain began after I had sex with my husband and that was 3 months ago. The pain began as a backache then I started getting a foul smell. I recently used...

Std's [ 11 Answers ]

Is it possible for an STD to form without actually having sex with someone who has one? My girlfriend and I had sex earlier (without a condom, she's on the pill and I didn't have one. I know, I know. Don't lecture me.) and now "I'm" doing weird things. The head is really dry and itchy and the left...

View more questions Search