Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sleeper Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Is my case over?
    Hi,I was charged with something a year ago.I was out on conditional discharge but I never did what I should have.it was only for a year and the year is up is the case over? Or do I have to go and have them close it?:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 24, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Unless the paper work just fell between the cracks, it is not over, you were on a conditional discharges, if you did not do the conditions, there is no discharge and they can go back and continue the case against you, this time with a angry judge for not doing the terms or conditions.

I doubt you can close it, unless you show all conditions have been meet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you think I have a case? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been out shopping lately for a wedding, dance recital and graduation. My mom says this brand of clothing has been around for years, and I don't doubt her. Maybe it is because I just turned 40 and am more sensitive to my appearance and the girls aren't what the once were but... What is...

What does this case mean? [ 5 Answers ]

I am afraid that my ex petitioned the court for a guardian ad litem from prison. He has 3 criminal cases right now and I look on the courts websiteto see what is going on. There is a new case on there and it says his name vs. Respondent. The case type is incarcerated person. That is all it says....

Just looking for some opinions on a case [ 6 Answers ]

I was charged with trespassing. I entered a school, requesting at the administration to speak with a individual from that school. This was denied, and I was asked to leave. Upon exiting in the corridor area, the student was there, they invited me to speak with them. I spoke with them and a...

Do I have a case? [ 9 Answers ]

My son and I have same first, middle, and last names. I found in his papers a correspondence from a law firm near Chicago sent to him at his place of employment about court judgements concerning me. They were faxed and on some used work order paper lying around the shop. My son is an auto mechanic....

Do I have a case? [ 5 Answers ]

I'll try to keep this short... Last May, I signed a rental lease with my girlfriend at the time. We were both working and agreed on the usual 50/50 split of all expenses. Four days after moving in together, she quit her job. She was on an experimental treatment for a thyroid condition and the...

View more questions Search